Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace turbo solenoid valve on my 407 1.6 hdi. Looked up haynes manual but cant find it. Anybody got pics and how to remove and replace please. Quoted £185 from stealers today.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
overboost does not mean replace solenoid you could have a sticky wastegate you could have a leaky pipe meaning poor boost control you could have loads of issues that can give high or low boost

Codes are a GUIDE to the symptoms not a cure

·
Registered
492 Posts
As said above I'd be doubting if its a turbo control solenoid.

Whats the dpf differential pressure like...?

If the dpf is clean and all is well you could adjust the stroke of the turbo actuator on the vac pot......this can be done by adjusting the threads on the actuator and lengthening the rod.
Ron.

Btw here is the turbo control solenoid Pic taken from under neat car...:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Told by stealers its the solenoid valve thats faulty and quoting £185 to fix. I have planet would this tell me whats up or does it just tell me the codes? .

D

·
0 Posts
The turbo can cause these problems too. A vacuum leak also. A blocked or crimped vac pipe also. Wiring problems can cause it as well as a dodgy ecu. Make sure all are checked before doing anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
It won`t show fault for turbo solenoid , only try it and see option , told you already £50ish at dealer , have receipt somewhere i can dig out , the rest must be for fitting ,
two pipes and one screw if i mind :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bought a solenoid valve and will fit it as soon as its here,im really curious to see if it works.i will update when result known.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fitted new turbo solenoid valve today. Took it for a blast up local motorway and no de pollution fault (brill) best £25 spent. Took approx 30 mins to do. Quite easy to do i took off air filter housing and pipes then its just lean over engine and feel around for the 2 x 10mm nuts which hold it on. Once off swap pipes old to new part and bolt on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It won`t show fault for turbo solenoid , only try it and see option , told you already £50ish at dealer , have receipt somewhere i can dig out , the rest must be for fitting ,
two pipes and one screw if i mind :D
betty did yours fail and not show a code for it,also if the vac rod on turbo pulls up when started does that rule out the electrovalve,many thanks mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi i think i have also this problem with the solenoid valve cand anyone help me with this error please.
when i passes 4000 rpm the engine lights on and i have an error
if i drive for about 2 day unde 3000 rpm the engine light is off.
i`ve replaced the diesel filter about 5000 km ago.
it`s a 2.0 Hdi FAP.
and if cand someone put a picture too locate the solenoid valve because i don`t know were it is.
best regads

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi i think i have also this problem with the solenoid valve cand anyone help me with this error please.
when i passes 4000 rpm the engine lights on and i have an error
if i drive for about 2 day unde 3000 rpm the engine light is off.
i`ve replaced the diesel filter about 5000 km ago.
it`s a 2.0 Hdi FAP.
and if cand someone put a picture too locate the solenoid valve because i don`t know were it is.
best regads
On mine I was getting P2562 which is an error between vane actuator desired and actual position. Replaced valve and its fixed (1 down, many more to go ;) )

Valve on my 407 136HDi was top of engine at the back left between the firewall and the top of the engine. I first diagnosed the fault by swapping it with one of the two identical valves that control the intercooler bypass. These are bolted next to each other front and left of the engine down near the sump.

They really are a high tollerance, machined and calibrated valve. Amazing they work for very long at all in the conditions with just a foam filter to keep the crap out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you put a picture please because i don`t know were it is. i have a friend who has a 407 2.0 Hdi like mine. and i want to swamp the solenoid valve between the cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry, no pics but it's easy to find.

Remove the black engine cover, lean over the engine and look between the top of the engine and the bodywork on the left hand side. The valve is a lightish brown color normally and has two black hoses connected to one end and a plug.

Type 407 turbo solenoid into Google and look at the images to see what one looks like

1 - 20 of 22 Posts