Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a pollution fault show up on my dash and am wondering if it is the turbo repeat sensor (not sure where it is but I believe a nightmare to change and set up).

If I start the car and put my foot down and drive the car so the turbo kicks in a couple of times the car usually runs spot on until I turn the ignition off, if I start the car and drive it slow (off boost) for a half a mile maybe and then try and accelerate it is as though the turbo isn't working and there is no power until I restart the car.

I did plug it in to a neighbours diagnostic and it said turbo boost control position sensor A circuit high

Any ideas, are the repeat sensors hard to do?

Cheers in advance Graham

Does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you really need to get it on Peugeot planet to see what the codes are first my mate had a car and it had no turbo his computer said EGR he blanked it off and no turbo I came and put my computer on and it came up air flow fault new sensor and it was back to health,

the repeat sensor is only part of the turbo as there is a valve on the top of the engine near the timing belt that works the turbo as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you really need to get it on Peugeot planet to see what the codes are first my mate had a car and it had no turbo his computer said EGR he blanked it off and no turbo I came and put my computer on and it came up air flow fault new sensor and it was back to health,

the repeat sensor is only part of the turbo as there is a valve on the top of the engine near the timing belt that works the turbo as well.
Anyone near st helens prepared to read my ecu with pplanet,i can travel to you....how much please

cheers Graham

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has the same problem, intermittently. I'm not 100% sure that I don't also have a boost leak somewhere though. The light comes on and then goes off after a few restarts. My PP said

P2565 : Turbo valve position copy signal
P2563 : Turbo valve position copy signal

From what I've learned the repeat sensor should show (on live PP data) around 10% with key on engine off whereas mine is usually random between 30% and 60%. I believe this indicates sensor failure. The amount of work (and cost) involved of getting to and replacing the sensor and/or actuator makes me willing to live with it until something else (clutch maybe) requires the engine to be taken apart. From what I've seen setup needs to be done by a properly equipped garage so not a back garden job.

Interestingly I've been trying to notice a pattern and I THINK the light only comes on when the car does a DPF regen. It seems to regen fine (it's done 2000+ miles with this fault) so as I say I'm not overly bothered. Makes overtaking sometimes exciting... :D

I'd like to help, but I'm in Hampshire!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had my engine read from a member on here tonight (mcdig) and it has thrown up the following:

Permanent Fault-Particle emission filter upstream temp signal-temp change coherence

Permanent fault-additive system-fuel filter cap present sensor fault

diesel flow regulator signal coherence

Anyone any ideas what any of these mean and what I can check...are they all linked.

Any info would be good....just off to have a google.

Cheers Graham

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Fuel cap sensor fault needs sorting as if it does not see the cap being removed and replaced it wont regenerate the filter this in turn will clog filter causing lack of boost and if left a dead turbo/engine !

It needs a bit of time spent going through all the DPF system readings to see if any other issues are present

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel cap sensor fault needs sorting as if it does not see the cap being removed and replaced it wont regenerate the filter this in turn will clog filter causing lack of boost and if left a dead turbo/engine !

It needs a bit of time spent going through all the DPF system readings to see if any other issues are present
Hi The dpf and egr have removed and mapped out of the ecu so cant be clogged, if I sort out the fuel filler problem could that rectify the other two issues as I don't know what they mean at all.

Cheers Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts