Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I posted a problem I was experiencing with my car recently, see http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12666. Having done some investigation, I believe the juddering is due to my turbo repeat sensor.

I have a couple of questions about this and was wondering if anyone can help.

If I don't get this replaced immediately, will it cause damage to any other parts of engine?

Will it eventually pack up and be like driving without a turbo and will that cause any other damage at all?

Should this definitely be the problem, what sort of cost am I looking at from Peugeot and or a local garage, roughly?

I am highly unlikely to be able to change this myself. I can change a bulb, that's about it! :lol:

I have to move house shortly so money is a bit tight at the moment, hence the questions :)

Thanks guys,
Math

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would say your best bet would be to find someone in your local area who can diagnose your issues with planet. this will save you the hassle of thinking its this and that and spending money when you dont need to.

this is of course if you havnt done this already.

if it was that, i would say driving it could cause more damage to the turbo, which will cost far more to repair. but i could be wrong...your best bet is to speak to "davidireland" he's a tech for peugeot (from his sig)

"bettyswollocks" sig has a link which you can find someone local with planet...if you need to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks for the advice John. I'll PM davidireland, see if he can advise me further.

I haven't yet had it plugged into planet, I really should! I'll have a look to see if there is anyone in North Somerset / Bristol area.

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...

Hi guys

Right, I PM'd davidireland some time ago, he advised me to plug it into pp which I finally got round to doing today. However, having run global scan no faults at all reported! If the problem is the turbo repeat sensor as I originally thought, would that have been picked up on the scan?

If yes and therefore the problem isn't the TRS, does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem might be that wouldn't be picked up on the scan?

Also, when my car was plugged into planet, my headlights came on (switch wasn't turned!) and the wipers wiped once. I assume this is normal?

Thanks guys

D

·
0 Posts
Just one thing about turbo repeat sensors. There is some serious setting up of them. I've done one only last week on a 407 2.0hdi. Absolute nightmare of a job. For a finish I couldn't set it up correctly as the turbo was the problem. The variable vanes were sticking internally in it not allowing the copy sensor to move correctly.

D

·
0 Posts
Pics of a Variable geometry turbo internals and a turbo copy sensor.
Note corrosion around the edge of the ring. The corrosion was making the turbo variable vanes stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts