Peugeot Forums banner

Turbo Removal

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  loot34 
#1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how hard or easy it is to change a turbo on my 307 2.0 136bhp 54 reg diesel.Thanks.

#2 ·
Is it the 1 at the front or the 1 hiding down the back?
I have done both and the front 1 is easy to do (but you must follow the procedure with oil etc in both cases) the 1 at the back is horrible to do as the engine leans back and its a pig but luckily for me i was kind of taking the engine out until i spotted it was the turbo at fault.(judging by the reg I'll assume its the 1 at the back rhr/rhy engine i think? Could be wrong tho)

#7 ·
Turbo

Hi it is the one at the back,not 100% sure it is the turbo i took it to the garage the other day for them to look at the injectors and they told me it was the turbo,the only problem i am having with the car is on cold start it struggles to start 3rd 4th turn,then a lot of white smoke comes out then the car runs fine till the next morning same again,no loss of oil or power my feelings was the garage was just not interested in working on it,while i was there they plugged it in and the only fault was readings on the injectors,1 2 4 reading all in -o.17 no 3 was reading + 1.7 any clues please.thanks.

#8 ·
When i fixed both my turbos there was no way the smoke would stop at all it dumped the oil in the exhaust and on the floor i would expect the same to be the case for you, i would guess if an injector is over fueling it would cause smoke when cold as it wouldn't be spent in the chamber but when the engine is hot may burn more easily.
You can undo the pipe that goes to the turbo and feel the turbine to see if it is worn out (engine off)
I think some checks need to be made tho and don't take my word for it just now.

#9 ·
If its a 2 litre its down the back

From your description i would say its not the turbo but easy way to tell how healthy your turbo is is get underneath and remove the air intake plastic feed from airflow meter to turbo then get your fingers inside flange try to rock the turbine up and down and rotate it if a lot of up and down movement its toast if it feels wobbly its toast if it does not turn its toast :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.