Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6HDi seems to be suffering a bit of a glitch with its turbo. 99% of the time its fine but suddenly i lose power and the car goes into safe mode with no turbo but no engine management light. Stop car, turn off then back on and all is fine again though it seems to be doing it more recentley.

There also seems to be a lot of soot on and around the top of the turbo and im wondering if it could be connected?

Turbo is 28k miles old btw.

D

·
0 Posts
Soot around the top of the turbo is from the clamp that connects the particle filter to the turbo not being replaced after being removed. Tighten it up the best you can.
Get a diagnostic check done and post the codes up.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
What sensors connected and which disconnected , is it going into limpmode in a similar number of miles or under load ie going up slight incline with full load at around 70/80 mph.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What sensors connected and which disconnected , is it going into limpmode in a similar number of miles or under load ie going up slight incline with full load at around 70/80 mph.
Yes it did actually do it on full load up hills.

Afaik all sensors are still connected. Oh and its still regening. My remapper said he might need to find another 407 same year and engine and copy its eprom or something or other in order to completely wipe regens off and ive told him about you and alering a switch at the beginning of the map but to no avail.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
look for the two pipes coming out of the FAP , follow the bottom one to the brown sensor and unclip it , a bit tricky with one hand , it doesn`t just pull apart you have to unclip it and pull at same time , look ar the sensor at the top left of your radiator to see what i mean its the DPF sensor .

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right done that and went for a spin and the car has just taken off!!! Its like its suddenly deristricted of anything. Only probably its made it start regenerating and was all the time i was out so i will keep an eye on it.

Alos noticed from the pics that your turbo has the soot on it just like mine

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just reconnected the temp sensor as the car seems to be permanently regenerating now. God if im not sick of this fecking thing

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Go back to mapper and tell him its not complete , the 1.6hdi with if i remember is a EDC35 is a pig to do , i know:nod:
i had about six remaps before it was complete (no charge) , unfortunately the mapper is going to have to cough up some ££££ to find out , he`ll have to get in touch with my mapper or another equally good one to find the info he needs, and they all guard their secrets .:thumb:

Yeah the 1.6 seem to have all got soot there , seen one remapped and dpf off last week that had been driven with particle filter blocked for 6 months ,once it was freed up the turbo blew.

Did you try with pp2000 to tell the car it has no Additive system?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
look for the two pipes coming out of the FAP , follow the bottom one to the brown sensor and unclip it , a bit tricky with one hand , it doesn`t just pull apart you have to unclip it and pull at same time , look ar the sensor at the top left of your radiator to see what i mean its the DPF sensor .
Right im a bit confused. You said disconnect the temp sensor which i tried but then you mention to look at the dpf sensor, should this be disconnected as well?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can`t and you know it :D
The thing is the guy who did my map was round earlier and was at my car for two hours. Ive told him everything youve said but hes said that the place he gets his maps from dont know anything about what youve mentioned and im getting no where. I dont particularly blame the bloke whos done mine as he said hes never come accross anything like my car in all the 407s, Zafiras and Focus's he's done and he's pretty flumoxed by it all as hes selling the maps supplied by someone else and if theyve never heard of the problem leaving us both a little stuck. The only avenue he has available is to find a car the same as mine that he can read the clean eprom from to then put on mine and he said he even said he did an 05 plate 1.6hdi the other day but the cars software was different otherwise he'd of put it on mine. This of course leaves me with a fecking stupid car that regens whenever it wants that i just want to smash to bits. Now theres an idea!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts