Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been told filings have been found in an injector, Mech wants to replace fuel pump,i ve done some digging and have fouind out these pumps either work or they dont so would not start breaking up and getting in the system.If i remove the egr valve and discover evidence in there would that tell me the turbo is breaking up rather than the fuel pump.:confused:

·
5,861 Posts
2 Separate systems. Turbo failing would not get parts into fuel system (eg injectors). Fuel pumps (more so on Siemens systems) do breakup and fill fuel system with swarf.

Swarf collects in fuel filter but can also get into fuel rail and damage injectors. If they have picked up pump early enough may get away with it other than that normally full fuel system flush (inc fuel tank) new pump and recon/new injectors.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Bosch pumps are reliable generally this is what you have read about

Siemens pumps DO fail as stated above

Turbo is nothing directly to do with the fuel system it is simply an air pump forcing air into the engine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys for the replies and a heads up on the two systems this is on a 1.6 diesel that your describing? What sort of prices we talking about for a fuel pump they have quoted 250 but ive seen them cheaper else where on line,my injectors are being removed and cleaned due to this breakdown...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts