Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to keep my turbo pipe on it doesn't come all the way off (as yet)

Had new turbo sleeve gasket the rubbers for the air box were missing so replaced them

The breather part in the middle has a new o ring on it so it's tight still comes off

I'm resulting to cable ties but not ideal lol

Any ideas without getting anew pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone tell me how to keep my turbo pipe on it doesn't come all the way off (as yet)

Had new turbo sleeve gasket the rubbers for the air box were missing so replaced them

The breather part in the middle has a new o ring on it so it's tight still comes off

I'm resulting to cable ties but not ideal lol

Any ideas without getting anew pipe

Only doing 4 miles each way at the moment this is what happened even after cable tying it bloody thing what a stupid design

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
loosen jubilee clip clean orange seal in and out fit orange seal in pipe carefully then push pipe all the way on to turbo then tighten it should then stay on it has to go right on to touch the housing or clip clamps the edge forcing it off.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loosen jubilee clip clean orange seal in and out fit orange seal in pipe carefully then push pipe all the way on to turbo then tighten it should then stay on it has to go right on to touch the housing or clip clamps the edge forcing it off.

It's a new gasket as the old one split if I tighten it just starts sliding off if I don't tighten it you can slide it off bloody thing

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a new gasket as the old one split if I tighten it just starts sliding off if I don't tighten it you can slide it off bloody thing

Only thing I can think off the orange seal I replaced wasn't genuine can't see anything online about anyone having any issues with them though

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In your pics, the orange seal is sticking too far out of the black turbo pipe. It needs to go right into the black turbo pipe. The only bit that should be visible after fitment is the lip at the very end. Only then do you seat it onto the turbo flange.

When doing so, you must then make sure the orange flange bit seats hard up against the turbo face before tightening the clamp or the clamp will not be seated fully onto the turbo flange shoulder, and will simply squeeze the pipe/seal off again..

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In your pics, the orange seal is sticking too far out of the black turbo pipe. It needs to go right into the black turbo pipe. The only bit that should be visible after fitment is the lip at the very end. Only then do you seat it onto the turbo flange.

When doing so, you must then make sure the orange flange bit seats hard up against the turbo face before tightening the clamp or the clamp will not be seated fully onto the turbo flange shoulder, and will simply squeeze the pipe/seal off again..

Thanks the orange seal was completely in it slides off the pipe and the pipe slides off the turbo

I did cable tie it in a different area and it seemed to stay on this morning fingers crossed

Why don't they do what other manufacturers do and fit 2 bolts to secure

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the pipe must be twisted or something anything I do it comes off

I'm currently using massive cable ties which seem to keep it on lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the pipe must be twisted or something anything I do it comes off

I'm currently using massive cable ties which seem to keep it on lol
I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever resolve this? Did you need a whole new pipe, sleeve and hose clamp too?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s to do with using a genuine seal I believe the aftermarket ones must be a slightly different size

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ironically, it has just chewed itself up...

I've ordered another, hopefully it fixes my lack of boost?!?

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be fair that’s done well they don’t last long

Get a genuine one for sure and yes will fix boost leaks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts