Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right thing & place to put this.. I'm having to strain my engine up to 3800-4000rpm for the turbo to get going, in any gear. After blanking egr valve I had hoped my car would be back to normal. Sadly not. The turbo does give an almighty boost (perhaps from blanking egr valve) but not in the range it should be.. Has anyone else suffered this problem?? I'm going for a re-map soon as this is sorted.. Any help please??:mad:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ideal you should get the car put on the computer and diesels dont liked to be pushed that high up the rev range,

few things to check that your map sensor is pluged in this is the sensor on top of the intercooler, and maf sensor is the one on the air box, the map sensor will not let the car boost at all tho this will bring on the engine light then again sometimes it wont the car will feel dead,

the turbo solenoid as sayed above would be my main check as these can give up ive even seen new ones fail, make sure the vac pipes are round the right way you can swap your egr valve with your turbo one and road test it see if you have any boost back also check for leaks.

dont get a remap untill you get the car is 100% running right

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply's. I must stress I'm an amateur mechanic with a massive A. So I have no idea if turbo is spinning?? How could I check?With the turbo working over 4000rpm I'm assuming it's doing it's job, just not in the desired range. I took car for a spin after work in the forlorn hope a good thrashing would clear her pipes so to speak. It didn't. I will not drive my car that hard again as neither of us enjoyed it. I am gonna remove mass air flow sensor after tea & give it a clean. I'll then try and work out where MAP is to look at that too. I shall post my findings

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, checked map sensor ( I think) that's the one with closing disc inside & kinda half a sprocket in the bottom piece? Seemed ok. Wasn't clogged up or anything. Maf sensor, that's coming off bottom of air filter right, I'm gonna check that tomorrow as I've just come in. One other point, how can I tell if disc in map is opening & closing as it should?.... I also borrowed a diagnostic reader off mate to get fault codes but kept coming up reader error so he's lending me another this week, hopefully having those codes will give me better direction towards finding this gremlin.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You should actually hear the turbo spinning up if somebody does the gas, failing that you may be able to take the pipe of that goes to it from the intercooler/filter side, it may not even be that but a good thing to check in my opinion.
:thumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
testing egr / turbo solenoid

right chap, do this, remove the turbo solenoid (grey connector). with a small length of hose on the out blow, if you can feel air coming out of the top (vac) pipe then the solenoid is jiggered. part number for this is 700964030. just had to order 2 myself yesterday, turbo refused to spool up until 2300rpm.
with the new one in place 1100rpm and i'm flying.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okey dokey, I'll check out suggestions after work. Cheers. Has anyone else found that it's very difficult to get pics of an engine lay out the same as my own? or their own? Bits & bobs & sensors & pointy sharp cutty things all appear different on my car? ( also struggle using haynes as a guide sometimes):confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts