Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307 92 HDi 05 plate done about 90,000.
Having a problem with the turbo not kicking in, so a lack of power.

I had planet on it last night thanks to Wayne for the help. I took a couple of pictures, can someone have a look to see if they are 'normal'. 2 pictures are of it at Idle and 2 with revs going.

Planet came up with one problem that the Glow plug/s are not working.
I have recently change the EGR valve (also mapped in) which removed the depollution fault.
The garage have told me that the turbo is knackered but looking at it it looks fine and moves ok.
I have seen something about the solenoid valve can this be simply checked by putting finger over vac line that goes to the turbo to see if there is any vacuum?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm no expert turbo wise but I would suspect it has something to do with the bypass butterfly solenoid valve, either the valve is shot or if it's vacuum operated then no vacuum to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Detached the MAF sensor this morning both me and the wife went for a run at different times and couldn't tell any difference/ feel any boost.

Pulled vac pipe off gate below to see if I could 'feel' any vacuum at idle and under revs but nothing. At least pipe was in good condition.
Would I really need a gauge to measure this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorted

Solenoid valve/ slack rubbers therefore no vacuum at the waste gate for the turbo.
Solenoid location was underneath/ at back of engine below level of glow plugs.
Had to have the car up on a couple of axle stands, then on my back and past the sump.
Managed to get one arm around the side where the wheel is and the other one straight through by the exhaust. It's a 10mm socket for the nuts. Middle of the 3 pipes seems to be the one for the turbo, don't mix the two end pipes up.
I tried to take a picture to help with the location, not sure how successful it really was but i was under the car at the time.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts