Peugeot Forums banner

Turbo noises Pug 308 SW 1.6HDI 110bhp help, please

3K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Wilf308SW 
#1 ·
Hello again.

So my troublesome Peugeot 308 SW 1.6HDi 110bhp just goes from bad to worse! I've changed several parts from the turbo to boost pipes to turbo boost solenoids and still been getting random over boost codes P0243. Decided to run some proper diagnostics using Planet and the FAP app and discovered that my EGR valve and DPF have been removed from the ECU as I've not been able to get any live data at all such as last regen, soot count etc, fluid levels etc.

Driving home today, my turbo went from a light whistle to a horrible loud siren type noise. I suspect the turbo is on it's way out or the bearings have gone after 3-4 weeks of use. If the DPF has not been removed physically and been left in the car, would it cause back pressure and other issues such as the whistle on the car and now the sirens to then cause the damage on the turbo? I checked the spindle of the turbo and it does seem to have a bit of play in it where as my old turbo has non at all. Could I just be unlucky and been sold a faulty turbo?

Any ideas or pointers would be amazing.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

See less See more
#2 ·
Overboost can happen with a poor remap from the sound of it your turbo had died. Easy check is to take inlet pipe of turbo and see if you any significant play it the turbine shaft.

A word of warning the blades can be razor sharp especially if they have been rubbing on the housing

Reactions: Ben Straw
#3 ·
Overboost can happen with a poor remap from the sound of it your turbo had died. Easy check is to take inlet pipe of turbo and see if you any significant play it the turbine shaft.

A word of warning the blades can be razor sharp especially if they have been rubbing on the housing
Thanks for the reply Windy. I checked the new turbo and it has play on the main shaft so I assume this is the cause of the noise. Any idea as to why this might happen? It's not even a month old :(

#5 ·
I replaced the oil feed pipe and changed the oil when the turbo was replaced. The issue was the DPF wasn’t cleaned out and was totally blocked up. Despite being removed from the ECU. Thanks for all the advise and tips, finally solved the issues. Just need a new turbo now 😞

#9 ·
From what you describe it sounds like your car needs a dpf re gen. Can you check when it was last done by planet Peugeot or the fap app? If not take it for blast down the motorway and use some dpf cleaner and that should resolve it. I would invest in planet Peugeot or the fap app plus elm BT adaptor
so you can check the status of your dpf and last regen , soot count etc as they can give you lots of issues if it’s still active in your car. The FAP app is the cheaper route :)

Let us know if you manage to fix it?

#10 ·
Hey Ben,Happy 22 2U.
Interestingly the jerking/stalling issue appears to have subsided.
What I DID notice is that on my last Diesel fill (I always run brim to brim) the Eoylis dosing system operated quite significantly.
Prior to this,I had never actually heard the pump operate,today I filled again and bingo another hum from the additive pump.
Do you have any links to the FAP/ELM app. (Some confusion may be because the French translation for Diesel Particulate Filter is Filtre à Particules or FAP !) as I think that will be my next adventure.

#18 ·
Peugeot ownership is SO very interesting.
My 2009 308SW 1.6HDI DV6TED4 FAP just keeps on giving.
Still stumbling along with FAP issues,but 345Km between regens is OK for now.
The EGR is both blanked off and written out of the ECU,with no real driveability problems since....however,within the past week since I began to use the FAB app along with the Bluetooth ELM reader,I have now got both the EML light back on AND some interesting EGR codes....P1728. P0409. P0489.P1162.....which of them is actually bringing on the EML is my next challenge...after it stops raining.... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.