Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gfs 90bhp 2.0hdis turbo seems to be alot louder then mine, i have the exact same car

it seems to make a noise even before the 1800 rev mark. it is even noticeable when you have the window open and it bounces off other cars

the car runs fine and seems to boost ok. maybe a bit earlier then my car but its still as quick

the only difference is mine has an undertray and hers is missing, under the bonnet if you rev it you can hear it where as mine is alot quieter

i have plugged in my pp and it shows no faults.

any ideas. are some just noisier then otherss?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Has it been remapped or have you got a k&n air filter in there?
With it boosting sooner I would say its got a map or a good filter that let's it breath more!
Some people may say its knackered if you can hear the turbo but its not always true as I've drove brand new cars and the turbos are loud, it's just how it's set up.

Also I have a worn auxiliary belt tensioner that sounds a bit like turbo spooling
I dint hear anything in till I had it changed with the cam-belt could it be that??

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no idea on remap. it just feels the same as my car

the cars just been fully serviced. its running a standard filter - with fixed airbox :)

the cam belt and aux belt have just been changed.

seems weird as we both have the same car. heres definitely boosts earlier which does make it a little like a rocket from the mark lol

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had a look. all pipes are on and tight. theres no leaks. i sprayed all the hard to reach area to see if theres any leakages

the noise seems to come from the aux area. maybe a/c compressor

whatever it is it sounds pretty cool anyway lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
The noise will defo be the Aux belt tensioner as mine went the same with a new belt!
It's the one next to the alternator, I was told you can't buy it separate as its part of a kit and its £80 that's why I've left mine at the mo:lol:

"The boosting better than yours" I would say she's lucky it does or your unlucky yours is slower lol:lol:
Every car runs different to the next :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts