Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
What engine is in your car? Can't remember what engine it has, only that it is diesel.

I find my 2.0 doesn't boost as well as my 1.6 did in lower revs, but the extra torque means the 2.0 still pulls uphill at 30 in 4th which the 1.6 would bog down even in third!

Only way, once you have made sure that all is well with the car itself, is a remap, but give it a full service and de-coke first. Run some injector cleaners etc down and try some 2 stroke in the diesel or a tank or 2 of v-power etc. Mine was a pig when I first got it, but now 3.5k miles in, the economy has nearly doubled (yes it was that bad!) and performance is spot on too.

Also, do well to bear in mind the 407 is a heavy munter, especially the sw :eek: :thumb:

·
Registered
394 Posts
1567kgs kerb weight on a 1.6 :eek: not light I'm sure you'll agree, but yeah the mpg is awesome, only reason I got a 2.0 is the 1300kgs towing limit; we have a 1360kgs caravan. My 06 307 1.6 110 estate would crack high 50's easily, my 54 407 2.0 136 sw is happy at high 40's.

If it's a new turbo, has the egr been done? If not it should be done now, new ones are about £80-100 and fully service the car with the correct total ineo ecs 3 oil as soon as you can. 1.6 engines are known for needing new turbos due to blocked oil tracts and incorrect servicing, so better to be safe then sorry :thumb: a full service done yourself is only £60 and £30 of that is the oil :thumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the egr got done, all turbo pipes got replaced .. And the was a full service when bought the car... I know all of the above has been done from the euro car parts and Andrew page receipts :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good good, so the car should be ok, and while you had the cruise installed nothing showed up on planet and no flat spots or hesitation present, so if you want in improvement I'd be after a remap. 140 ish bhp is normal from mapping so that should do the trick. Never had a cheap chip box so can't comment personally but they seem not to work, but a roverron box has been proved to work, visit tuningdiesels.co.uk and have a look, cheaper than a map and can easily be removed :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to be pedantic, but turbo lag is the delay due to (mainly) inertia in the turbo.

Ie, if your at 4k rpm with the throttle closed and the turbo spun down, then snap the throttle fully open, turbo lag is the time taken to reach full boost. The change in RPM is not relevant.

Oh god, now I can see why my wife complains that i'm such a bloody engineer sometimes :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts