Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I recently had a total loss of turbo pressure on my HDi 136. A day later the engine management light came on, along with the "Anti Pollution Fault" message.

Local garage replaced DPF and filled fluid, and also replaced exhaust pressure sensor.

Light is off now but some strange behaviour:

When I'm accelerating up through the gears, about 50% of the time the turbo doesn't arrive. Other times, it's there but not really pulling, and still other times it's fine.

When it fails to come in, if I lift off for a second or two then put my foot back down, then the turbo kicks in pretty strongly.

When it does come in, it will often disengage after just a couple of seconds. Particularly noticeable up hill.

On other occasions, it will come in, then "pulse" on and off at a frequency of around a second as I accelerate. This isn't violent, it's almost like I'm towing a trailer with a bungee rope (I checked and I'm not :))

So, my question is: WTF? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gibbo. I'd already been to the first link, and there's nobody within 80 miles of me with PP.

I've also searched, but there are so many threads all suggesting different things, and people rarely come back and say, "Yes, that fixed it." I was hoping that someone with lots of experience would be able to start me off in the right direction.

But perhaps not.

W

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm not sure if you can do this on the 136, but on the 110, a quick way to test the MAF is to unplug it. The ECU defaults to certain pre-established values and Turbo becomes much more... regular. (Although not as versatile as with a working MAF)

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, the turbos rarely go wrong on the Hdis, unless the vanes are stuck from constantly pottering round town.

Most of the issues are down to the vacuum supply, which I suspect is your problem.

There is a vacuum powered solenoid that opens/closes the vanes inside the turbo. If for some reason this has failed or getting stuck then you will get hesitations when you put your foot down, or on the up-change etc.

If you have someone local to you with PP2000, you can use this to 'read' what is going on during these fluctuations, to help pin point the issue.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I agree, HDI turbos are quite resilient, the problems are usually around them. MAF, Vac circuit leak, solenoids malfunctioning... a P error would be nice to start.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi folks,

I recently had a total loss of turbo pressure on my HDi 136. A day later the engine management light came on, along with the "Anti Pollution Fault" message.

Local garage replaced DPF and filled fluid, and also replaced exhaust pressure sensor.

Light is off now but some strange behaviour:

When I'm accelerating up through the gears, about 50% of the time the turbo doesn't arrive. Other times, it's there but not really pulling, and still other times it's fine.

When it fails to come in, if I lift off for a second or two then put my foot back down, then the turbo kicks in pretty strongly.

When it does come in, it will often disengage after just a couple of seconds. Particularly noticeable up hill.

On other occasions, it will come in, then "pulse" on and off at a frequency of around a second as I accelerate. This isn't violent, it's almost like I'm towing a trailer with a bungee rope (I checked and I'm not :))

So, my question is: WTF? :)
Exactly same issue I'm currently having on my 307 110hdi 2.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts