Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407 hdi 2.0.
When the car is cold it runs as good as gold. How ever after a couple of hours it runs very sluggish and struggles to accellerate untill the turbo kicks in.
Some times the turbo can cut out alltogether but turning the engine off and on will cure the problem.
When travelling at a contanst speed through town the car can also kangaroo as if it is in the wrong gear.
There are no codes showing.

Any ideas please.
Ta
Phil

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Might be something with the control of the VNT?

Have you read codes with PP2000, or is it just that there is no engine warning light in the instrument cluster? All codes doesn't pop up the light, and neither does all faults show up in the generic fault code readers.

C

·
0 Posts
Some common Issues of the faults that your having are

Kangaroo Jumping - Blocked EGR Valve - Blank it off with a plate £3 off Ebay

Sluggish Running - MAF Sensor - Mine gave in without warning too forever to accelerate and fuel economy dropped to 30-32 mpg :eek: Replaced for £42 from carparts for less

Also I had similar issues with Morrisons Diesel but after swapping to ASDA all was fine :confused:

You can check the EGR & MAF by disconnecting them and going for a drive. they will throw up a warning on the dash but it will clear when reconnected. As said earlier thoughyou want to get the car on Peugeot Planet as it is more thorough than a generic code reader.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I too would say MAF sensor. Unpluggin may not help . I know when mines off it bounces and strugles to start. But u can try it.
Also my dads 307 was like this. No lights. Then a few days later anti pollution.
So get her on a planet test.
You could also try fuel filter/ pump.

Check lines on front for air.

And fill up with decent non market fuel with an injector cleaner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I find Morrisons diesel noisy and slow, it's surprising how many people have said they don't like it.

It's odd that your van likes Tesco better than Shell.

I've recently switched from Shell to Texaco after I had a tank of Texaco by chance and it seemed quite perky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts