Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am lookiny to change a turbo on my 2003 peugeot expert could you tell me is a car turbo the same as a van i thought as long as it was a 110bhp and the correct make a garrat or a kkk they where interchangable if not what is the difference please help

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The expert turbos are different to the car turbos as the exhaust outlet is in a different position they can be adapted but none will bolt straight on except an expert /dispatch one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello thanks for that would it solve the problem if I had the manifold to if not how difficult would it b to adapt and how would I go about it

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its not the manifold that differs its the downpipe fitting that differs you need a turbo to match the van outlet on the exhaust side of the turbo as a car outlet is different c5/406 do use the turbo you need but not always.

Find out the make of your own turbo and you might find a replacement from a car but it will still need adapting on the outlet side your own turbo is likely to be a garret gt 1549 but there is a letter after this and if it does not match then the outlet is different there is more too it than that but that's the basics easier just to find correct replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for that info i apprechiate it my turbo is a kkk not a garrat why do they make things complicated I have just been offered a turbo off a 52 plate expert for £70 so if it is a kkk it should fit I will have 3 turbos then should make a good one out of them lol thanks again just a quicky on another issue as u seem well clued up I have a noise from my auxillay belt cannot source the noise I think it could be the tensioner I have took the belt off and the roller seems ok the bottom pulley seems ok as does everything else is there a fool proof way of determing which roller it is thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts