Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 2.0 110 - when changing gear and taking the foot off the accelerator, there's a sound what I can only describe as one similar to a dump valve letting out gases. It's particularly noticeable after the turbo spins in to life (1,800 revs). I know there isn't a dump valve on the car.

I've been toying with the MAF and air filter box - specifically cleaning out the MAF and inlet manifold - and I know the filter box is damaged (the O/S screw securing the lid to the box has snapped off, leaving the off side slightly open (probably 1mm).

Am I correct in assuming that there's a leak in the intake pipework somewhere?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeap, in the filter box at least. That engine/turbo also has a solenoid controlled wastegate (permanently opened, the ECU closes it IIRC). It might be faulty, check the wastegate itself and the solenoid.

Not a expert btw :)

·
5,618 Posts
If the leak was on intake you will normally get a loud hissing noise when accelerating it usually stops when you take foot of accelerator.

Overrun noise is often caused by turbo issues either leak on exhaust side (normally heard all the time) or sometimes play in turbo bearings can allow compressor blades to rub on housing giving a similar noise when turbo comes off boost on the overrun etc

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It certainly sounds like the former - as revs increase, the hiss increases and it "releases" when the foot comes off the accelerator - which is why I described it as a dump-valve like noise.

I'm reckoning the rubber O-ring seal or jubilee clip to the MAF isn't siting right - this is where I've been meddling, so I'll have to have a butchers to see where the gap/leak is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts