Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ive got a 307 hdi 90 with the bosch rail nd ecu. I know people have done it to the 306, just thought I'd try do it to a 307.

I want to do a TD04 turbo conversion, put a front mounted intercooler and get it remapped.

I know i need a 406 hdi 110 inlet elbow to put a intercooler on.

I need to know what sort work needs doing to the exhaust manifold to fit this turbo.
Does anyone have any advice or can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The c5 inlet elbow is the better option
1752s is easier to fit than td04 too, and cheaper.
Isnt the gt1752 off the 406 hdi nd has electronically controlled actuator, mine is a mechanical, just thought it would be quite simple considering the 306 hdi are pretty similar.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
all 406 turbos are vacuum wastegates or boost sensing none are electronic

90 hp same as yours boost sensing in standard turbo
110 and 136 vacuum wastegate but no electronics other than the ecu controlling the solenoids

·
Registered
154 Posts
all 406 turbos are vacuum wastegates or boost sensing none are electronic

90 hp same as yours boost sensing in standard turbo
110 and 136 vacuum wastegate but no electronics other than the ecu controlling the solenoids
im following this with intrigue,isnt the 136 the 16v with the electronic actuator?as fitted to my 2006 focus pugs and some volvos?,a simple tweak i did was to blank my egr off.2.0 td with 58mpg on a run,44 around town and bags of power.psa i salute you,just make em easier to diagnose.im not up on diesel tweaking but always looking to learn

·
Registered
195 Posts
Isnt the gt1752 off the 406 hdi nd has electronically controlled actuator, mine is a mechanical, just thought it would be quite simple considering the 306 hdi are pretty similar.
no the 406 hdi has the same turbo as the 306, a GT1544s i beleive, its been a while since i've tinkered with a 306...the GT1752s came off saabs and are standard wastegate actuation,i dont think even the new pugs have electronic VNT actuation, still using a vacuum actuated VNT ring.

The 136 was co developed with peugeot and ford, and was fitted to some volvos, a search for dw10bted4(the hdi 136 engine code) leads me to wonder if they were fitted to some lancias, too

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Yes they are in lancia people carriers as they are basically 807s also alfa versions of same thing fiat are sharing with anyone who wants :)

chrysler 300c is badged as lancia in europe

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
There are at least 5 different turbos used in 406 HDI engines depending on age power output and what day it was when they built it :)

Some are garret some are kkk same with most peugeots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts