Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering, how long would you expect a turbo control solenoid to last?

Car is a 307 SW 2L HDI 110 (DPF/Cat removed, programmed out)

It's my partners car and I only drive the car occasionally nowadays.

I drove it about a week ago and there was no turbo power but once the engine was up to temp turbo was back to normal.

Now, there is no turbo at all hot or cold.

I'm getting my PP installed on my new laptop next week but in the meantime I've tried a few things:

Ran with MAF disconnected - no change
Changed MAF for a spare I have - no change
Changed the Turbo control valve for one from a scrappers which actually looks like an EGR one - slight improvement but again once car warmed up then turbo almost back to normal.

I'm considering changing the Turbo Control valve for a new one but I only replaced it 2 years ago and this seems excessive to me.

Any thoughts?
Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CMax

I didn't know there was a newer version.

Are any of these the newer one? Existing shown on the left and the replacement I got from the scrappers on the right.

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hi Pete,

the one with the sicker was a newer one for a while they just removed the metal clip so you could not service it I was told again I never knew you could service them dealer told me you could :confused: any how good news that the link here: CITROEN C4 C5 C8 DISPATCH 2.0 HDI TURBO PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE 1618S5 | eBay

is the same one am using on my car looks strange from yours but don't panic as it still has the same plug and two holes for the two 10mm bolts also its far cheaper than the dealer mine was looking £60 for the part and I thought I would try this for £30 and glad I did you also get 1 year cover so if it fails just send it back for a new one not that ive had any issues with mine

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CMax I might give that a try. Still seems excessive to have to replace after 2 years but hey.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
your welcome happy to help, what I noticed was that it was low down on the engine it can get wet so I moved it up a bit beside the EGR one so it be least chance to get water

do you still have your under tray on the car? as this could be your issue with water it could warm up on the engine and dry out abit to make it work again that's just a guess :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I've never had a full under tray but I agree that these ECV's are very exposed being so low down.

The only under trays I've seen on 307's are very short and only cover the bottom of the rad and not the whole engine. Even in scrappers I've only ever seen the short under trays which I have.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I had the full cover on my engine I was doing a few bits under the car and never had time to put it back on that day so left it in the back garden so I could clean it and stick it back on the next day with most things never got round to doing it, so few weeks later my mum put it beside the bins and it was gone!! am always looking for one from my breaker but he forgets am looking one and any that he does gets he sells right away, you can pick them up on ebay for a pattern part for £30/40 am gonna get one soon as the mate got one for his car and fits just like the oem ones

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a browse on ebay earlier and I'm gonna look out for a genuine one if I can find one as the pattern ones don't seem to have the cut out for the sump plug.

On the point of the ECV I checked my service history and I'd replaced it in June 2013 so IF its knackered then it only lasted 16 months. We'll see as I've ordered the replacement now.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts