Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've got a 308, the problem is that when I get to 3000revs the car slowdown and the engine management light comes on, i dont know much about cars,so any help would be grateful.the car has full service history,and 41000,mileage.oh its a64.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Reading the fault codes WONT necessarily tell you what the problem is it will however tell you what systems are unhappy giving you a starting point.

People get confused about what a computer can do plugging it in gives you fault codes relating to the fault but many just read the code and replace whatever part the code refers to this rarely works.

For example low boost some would replace turbo when infact the reason for the low boost could be lack of vacuum to control the turbo or a burst boost hose/intercooler.

Find someone who fixes cars rather than someone who just fits new parts till its fixed :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your comments,i took the car to peugeot turns out the last owner had front parking sensors fitted,who ever did the job caught the wiring loom,hence no boost car went into limp when I was overtaking a car scared the xxx out of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts