Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bigger turbo to go on my 307 hdi 90, any ideas that I could find a fit from another car either breakers or refurbed to keep the cost down? I want to get to about 150bhp and hdi tuning doesn't say anything about turbo upgrade which in my eyes is essential instead of just turning up the factory turbo and stressing it out, help please :)

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
bigger turbo is not needed a 90 hp turbo is already bigger than the 1.6 hdi turbo and this can easily make enough boost for 140hp on a 1.6 !

90 hp turbo is basically the same as a 110 and a 136 turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what I wanted to hear!! Thank you!! How much boost should I be producing through mechanical boost controller when going in for the 150 remap?

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Im not really into tuning anymore but you WILL need a big intercooler along with the increased boost and the 90hp gearboxes are not able to handle a lot more to be honest they are common failure items 110 boxes are stronger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah been looking at large intercoolers im going to cut the numberplate recess and mount it there and move the numberplate to the bottom of the number possibly remove the black grill at the bottom to accommodate the hoses, I have an egr blank plate ready to fit, I know what mechanical boost controler I am going to order and will keep the standard exhaust on as it is hidden away under the rear bumper but replace the cat and resonator box with simple link pipes then get her remapped, as well as cold air induction kit, oil and filter change and hopefully try get someone to go halves on a terraclean as there is a garage that does it for around £120 or will do two cars for £60 each using the same fuel source so they wont waste it :) happy days :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I am going to look at headlights on a 110 for 30 quid for the pair crystal clear too as mine are yellowed, I will ask about gearbox if it is different from the 90 and stronger :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts