Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm creating this thread for help and advice for tuning my 307 from 2003.
My plans are as following:

Intercooler
I bought a used intercooler from the 307 110 to mount, aswell as the piping (not sure if it fits mine perfectly, will have to check later, and possibly get some more piping.) I'm not sure how to mount it, or connect it to the turbo and such. I found a guide for the 206, but it's not the same engine. If anyone has any advice on how to access the turbo and intake without taking the whole engine out, I'd appreciate that.

Increase boost pressure
I want to increase the turbo boost. I read somewhere that this can only be done mechanicly, since there is no software for it. I think the current boost is at 0.9 bar, and there is a failsafe installed if the pressure exceeds 1.1 bar. Does anyone know how much i can increase the boost after i mount the intercooler without damaging the turbo or engine?

Remap
After I've mounted the intercooler and increased the boost pressure i want to get it remapped to get everything working togehter perfectly and get the optimal power from the car without increasing fuel consumption. Luckily i attend a school with a dyno availabe for uase, and some teachers who actualy now how to remap a car who will help me get it done correctly.

If anyone has any advice it's highly appreciated. I know this isn't the best car for tuning, but i don't have the money for a better car, and i wanna practice my tuning, so this is what i got.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You'll need a mechanical boost controller, set the boost to 20 psi maximum. With this set up you'll be good for 150 BHP and 360+ Nm torque.

It's important to upgrade the exhaust system to around 2.5 inch as this will pose as a restriction to peak power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts