Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im going to be doing some mods to my 206 to get it up to around 130bhp and 310nm torque hopefully. im going to do; tdi turbos Hybrid kp35 turbo, custom intercooler hardpipe kit, power remap and egr delete by jp, panel filter, straight pipe exhaust and whatever else takes my fancy! ;) doing it slightly differently than ones ive seen before but it should work and maybe more will start using this turbo to shorten pipework for all important lag reduction! :thumb: ill be posting updates as i progress with it. so far everybody has been very helpful and hope we can get it making decent power!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi all, im going to be doing some mods to my 206 to get it up to around 130bhp and 310nm torque hopefully. im going to do; tdi turbos Hybrid kp35 turbo, custom intercooler hardpipe kit, power remap and egr delete by jp, panel filter, straight pipe exhaust and whatever else takes my fancy! ;) doing it slightly differently than ones ive seen before but it should work and maybe more will start using this turbo to shorten pipework for all important lag reduction! :thumb: ill be posting updates as i progress with it. so far everybody has been very helpful and hope we can get it making decent power!
may I ask why you do all this and spend all that money when you could just buy a car with a bigger engine and spend a lot less

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi trustme, ive had the car for a few years and its was built by me and my boss to be a demo car at my old workplace so its quite unique and special to me. it has only done 31k miles but if i was to sell it i wouldnt get much for it, its worth more to me than the money in my pocket i guess, its just a bit slow at the moment! i can certainly see where your coming from though and if it was a standard car with no personal history i would probably do that and just get a 2.0 or something! cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it just about runs on fresh air too, its a very economical little engine even when tuned and driven like its been stolen :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The intercooler i'm going to front mount with the help of Scott mcminn motorsport....he is also going to make the hardpipe kit for me

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to use a turbosmart gated controller to help spool the turbo up faster and raise boost to around 22-24 psi, struggled to find a boost gauge i liked but eventually sourced a nice plain vdo 0-30 psi from jegs performance in the USA, all in delivered for about £45....saved about £30 including the delivery and import tax.....much cheaper than anywhere in the uk! the alloy pipe, hoses and clamps all came from auto silicone hoses....their stock levels and prices are superb! the alloy reducers in the 3rd picture are from spencer ashley down in england, again prices were superb and these save me having lots of unnecessary hose clips and silicone joiners!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id been recommended to adam and craig at tdi turbos in dorset and the service they provided was superb. the turbo i sent them was very rusty and in a sorry state, they have uprated the standard thrust bearing to a 360 degree large pad for reliability, all seals have been upgraded and will withstand the higher stresses ill be putting it through. the compressor and turbine housings have been machined to fit a larger billet compressor wheel and a larger and uprated turbine has also been used (see photos). they have also blasted and rust proofed the full unit and as you can see in the photos its like brand new! they balanced the shaft and reset the actuator and then sent back to me. this is the first of its kind with the different compressor housing and all going to plan it could be an easier option for all 1.4 owners wanting to put a fmic on!

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

image1 (1).jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some more pics of the turbine, bearing and compressor. also meant to add that they are not as expensive as you would expect so if you need any turbo work done id definitely recommend you to call them!!:thumb:

image1 (2).jpg

image2 (1).jpg

image3 (1).jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the remap and egr delete is going to be carried out by jp...pm me for his contact info if interested. he has a long past of tuning diesels and really knows his stuff. his maps are not generic like a lot of remappers and are custom written in house! many people have raved about his work and cant believe how much of an improvement it has made!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

It sounds like I may have messaged you too late, but I was going to say not to waste your money on a hybrid KP35, it's still a small turbo.
The TD025 from the 1.6 90 fits straight on with a bit of filing around the holes.

This set up is good for around 110 to 115 BHP and all you'll need is an intercooler. Obviously you'll need a good clutch to go with it too.

I did have a customer who had set up a KKK K03 on his 1.4 but in the end I think he decided there was too much lag.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

It sounds like I may have messaged you too late, but I was going to say not to waste your money on a hybrid KP35, it's still a small turbo.
The TD025 from the 1.6 90 fits straight on with a bit of filing around the holes.

This set up is good for around 110 to 115 BHP and all you'll need is an intercooler. Obviously you'll need a good clutch to go with it too.

I did have a customer who had set up a KKK K03 on his 1.4 but in the end I think he decided there was too much lag.

Steve
Hi Steve thanks for the reply, I didn't know a 1.6 turbo fitted the 1.4 as I always thought they were vacuum controlled wastegates instead of pressure controlled, is the 90 bhp model an exception that I've missed :( ? The hybrid I have had built isn't much larger than the kp35 but apparently a small increase in rotor size can make a big difference to high end power and in their experience with hybrid 1.6 units can actually reduce lag....here's hoping for my little 1.4! James from tdi tuning had his 1.4 running about 130-140bhp with 1.6 injectors :O and as far as I know it was on a standard turbo (don't hold me to this), fingers crossed it performs well although I might not push it as hard as that !! I'll definitly be needing a good clutch, my standard one doesn't feel good as it is with about 80bhp!! IBe been sent in the direction on cg motorsports for a clutch, heard they are great quality for what you pay :) All your knowledge and feedback is much appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's correct, you do need to make some kind of actuator for it, which isn't too hard if you make a bracket and take one from a different turbo that is pressure actuated.

I don't think it's possible to get 140 with the standard KP35, even a hybrid KP35 unless the dyno was telling lies... You would need a bigger turbo for sure.

As for the CG clutch, avoid at all costs. We bought two for different project cars, both were bad but the clutch in the 1.4 wore down to the studs in less than 3K miles and ruined the flywheel, it wasn't even driven hard as this one was just running a heavy stage 1.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's correct, you do need to make some kind of actuator for it, which isn't too hard if you make a bracket and take one from a different turbo that is pressure actuated.

I don't think it's possible to get 140 with the standard KP35, even a hybrid KP35 unless the dyno was telling lies... You would need a bigger turbo for sure.

As for the CG clutch, avoid at all costs. We bought two for different project cars, both were bad but the clutch in the 1.4 wore down to the studs in less than 3K miles and ruined the flywheel, it wasn't even driven hard as this one was just running a heavy stage 1.
Ah I see, I didn't realise you could swap them over so easily, I would've tried that, but I have the hybrid here so I'm quite intrigued to see how it goes as its the first one on the forums as far as I know :) your right, every dyno is different, maybe it was generous!! As for the clutch that doesn't sound so good, out of curiousity was it a paddle clutch? I think helix do a clutch for it too so i might give them a shout and get them to price one up for me, I'll be putting up dyno charts before and after, dont think the standard clutch will hold for one run even just to see what it makes :( cheers

·
Registered
241 Posts
The clutch we had in the 1.4 was a ceramic paddle clutch. I did ring and complain that there wasn't enough 'meat' on it when it arrived but they assured me that was how it was supposed to be...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The clutch we had in the 1.4 was a ceramic paddle clutch. I did ring and complain that there wasn't enough 'meat' on it when it arrived but they assured me that was how it was supposed to be...
I see, they do usually have a lot less meat than a standard organic clutch, I fit quite a few paddle plates at my work and slipping the clutch destroys some of them almost instantly :( will price up a few different places and see what my best option is, what make of clutch did you end up using on the 1.4? cheers, much appreciated,

Duncan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more news on this?

Trying to research how to upgrade a 1.4 hdi and this has been the most useful place so far so hoping it's still going :)

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any more news on this?

Trying to research how to upgrade a 1.4 hdi and this has been the most useful place so far so hoping it's still going :)

Thanks
Scott
I strapped a TD025 to mine and took it to HDi Tuning for mapping.

Goes very well but having clutch issues now. There is only so much a tiny 200mm clutch can hold....I believe its down to the clamping pressure just isn't enough.

First off I would straight pipe the car and give it a good service while looking for the 90BHP 1.6HDi Turbo. just bolts on, with the actuator modified.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thefish551, I'm assuming you're Mark?

Didn't you use the td02h2-07tvt turbo from a 2011 fiesta 1.6 which then had the compressor outlet pointing in the right direction and made it all a little easier to set up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thefish551, I'm assuming you're Mark?

Didn't you use the td02h2-07tvt turbo from a 2011 fiesta 1.6 which then had the compressor outlet pointing in the right direction and made it all a little easier to set up?
Your right Steve, my fault. :bang:

It is the one you state above, and as you put it, it just bolts on a works (with a boost actuator).

Reckon if the clutch would hold enough, you could give enough fuel to wake a GT15 up relatively early on the DV4? Thinking for the next project for a spare 1.4 I have.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The problem is the VNT turbo needs electronic boost control, a VNT can't really be controlled very well by a mechanical actuator.

This turbo would also bolt straight on, but the problem is finding injectors that fit which will have a high enough flow. The body on the 1.4 injector is completely different to the 1.6 16v injectors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts