Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 307xsi hdi.Has anybody got a tuning box fitted to their 307 with the 136 hdi engine.Is this a worthwhile mod?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flippin hell

I,ve just been looking at diesel tuning websites,you can get about 170bhp for the 2.0 hdi.But have you seen what the vauxhall 1.9 diesel does?206bhp!How do they do that?:eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dtuk Green Box

Flippin eck just fitted this to my 307.Total transformation in the mid range, faster through the gears and better economy,and it spins the front wheels in first and second gear without trying.If you have a diesel you should try one of these:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just been looking at these boxes on ebay, i have a 2.0 hdi 90 rapier and was thinking of poking it up a bit. Do they actually work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looked into a company local to me and they reckon from their website that a power increase to 119BHP. Do you really think this type of increase is worth 300 pounds compared to a 100 pound box that "supposedly" does the same thing?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
If for some reason you don`t tell your insurance and something happens a box hanging of your engine is a dead give away and if you remap you have the same car where as with a box you are adding a foreign object to your car, but its your call, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The jap said:
Looked into a company local to me and they reckon from their website that a power increase to 119BHP. Do you really think this type of increase is worth 300 pounds compared to a 100 pound box that "supposedly" does the same thing?

You want a 136 bhp xsi, the garage said they could re-map it to 119 bhp, that's a 17 bhp drop lol?

I would go (for financial reasons) a box and see if you get any significant power gain, if not you'd probably be able to sell it back on eBay.

·
Registered
387 Posts
my bad, I was reading from the top post thinking he was looking at a xsi. 30 bhp gain is about the standard amount you would get from a remap on an engine that size I would guess. Still, 120 bhp aint bad, it'll have some decent poke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats the fap part of this? Have heard of this on the sites when i have been looking into this subject. Sorry for my ignorance on this matter as although knowing my way around most cars peugeots have been a bit foreign to me until i got landed with this one

·
Registered
28 Posts
if its a tuning box that you are to go for stay away from cheap ebay items,ive had problems with these before as the cheaper versions are basically just a resistor inside a box,which plugs on to the fuel rail and then makes the car put more fuel in,with no other parameters changed.tdi sport do good tuning boxes but are quite pricey at around £300.
personally i would have remapp over tuning box all day long

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I had a dtuk tuning box on my 03 110hdi for 2 years. Fair enough the power delivery isn't quite as smooth as a remap but it really transformed the car and fuel economy improved as well. Power up to 126bhp for £100 quid! Really tempted to buy one for my 136hdi now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a new 3 series BMW with a DTUK red tuning box fitted - the car has done around 8K with the unit fitted and not a hint of a problem.....the performance increase is amazing and it turns in more mpg...all win/win

There are good and bad boxes out there as said further up, the DTUK units are definately of the good variety. The only question is, do I take the one off my BM or buy another for my 307....:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Charlie said:
I have a new 3 series BMW with a DTUK red tuning box fitted - the car has done around 8K with the unit fitted and not a hint of a problem.....the performance increase is amazing and it turns in more mpg...all win/win

There are good and bad boxes out there as said further up, the DTUK units are definately of the good variety. The only question is, do I take the one off my BM or buy another for my 307....:D
they are still quite expensive 250-300 quid for a dtuk box are they actually worth it ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
ltfcrule said:
i know they were highly thought off on the vauxhalls but how do they effect economy? at moment im getting 50mpg on a run and 45 combined
I added one to my car and have used it over the last 13k miles without problem, in addition to boosting the bhp and more importantly the torque - I have also upped my mpg as well.

Don't get me wrong - if you knock the arse out of the car to make it go faster it will drink fuel for fun - but you can obtain the same performance as before for much less effort - that's where the fuel improvement comes in.

Just make sure you go with one of the reputable ones. The DTUK boxes are TUV approved and work well - but there is a lot of cheaper shite out there, that is basically a resistor in a lump of tar....they don't do the job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts