Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I have an 05 2.0 hdi auto, what's your thoughts on tuning boxes against mapping?, would like to increase the power, but not sure best road to go down ..... Cheers ..... Jim

C

·
0 Posts
I too have this same dilemma I have been ringing around to get prices and to be honest I am just going to get it remapped as I am getting prices ranging from £150 to £200 for a soft remap ie bit more power & Fuel economy without putting too much strain on the standard components clutch etc.

C

·
0 Posts
Some 407's don't like tuning boxes and will throw warnings up all the time it's fitted.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I had a dtuk box on my 307. Never any problems, liked it a lot! Real remap would still get my vote though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had mine done yesterday, remap, DPF removed and tyre pressure monitor removal - all in for £300.

Not had a chance to test yet as drove out of garage into near stationary traffic, so was a bit miffed by that.

Place I got mine done was Sparks & Sensors in Kirkham, good bloke called Ryan if anyone local to him thinking about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had mine done yesterday, remap, DPF removed and tyre pressure monitor removal - all in for £300.

Not had a chance to test yet as drove out of garage into near stationary traffic, so was a bit miffed by that.

Place I got mine done was Sparks & Sensors in Kirkham, good bloke called Ryan if anyone local to him thinking about it.
Hi.
when you had yours done was it on a rolling road, did he do the remap or was it a bought in remap.

thinking off getting mine done but want to go a place that do the writing of the map.

thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
A remap isnt done on a rolling road. They take off the file. Change it . Then put it back. The only reason a rolling road would be involved ia if your having it dyno tested for result testing. But as a post on the forum says somewhere. Thia is bad as the remap can take a few hundred miles to set itself in. The injectors and turbo need time to bed in. So a day 1 dyno is a waste of time

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Remap, yes you get the power right away but after a few weeks you will feel the car pull stronger and if you drive it easy you should see some good MPG drive it like you stole it then you wont see good MPG,

everyone thinks you get good MPG right away thats not the case with any thing new you want to play with it but after a week or so you will get use to the power thats where you learn your car over again and when you get it done look in the mirror and you will have a Big Grin :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi.
when you had yours done was it on a rolling road, did he do the remap or was it a bought in remap.

thinking off getting mine done but want to go a place that do the writing of the map.

thanks
Sorry for late reply, but yes as mentioned it is direct from a file with no rolling road. Interesting about the mpg etc not being interested as I noticed mine was around same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts