Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is on a 1999 Pug 206 1.1L (non air con)

Does anyone have a temperature sensor on their thermostat housing ?

After my radiator cracked, I found a new replacement - a radiator from the 206 diesel.
It's about a foot wider, but the fan panel can accomodate this - so I thought better becuse the fan would not need to come on as much as it did.
Indeed - it is better, the temperature has never crept over 90 even when sat in traffic in hot weather.
Unfortunately for me, there is no fan switch port on this model, as I think the ECU takes care of that in the diesel model.
I've rigged a 90 degree temperature switch clamped near the top of the rad, but would prefer to use the blanked tapped port on the thermostat housing.

Does anyone know what thread this is - and what sensor fits it.
If you have one on your car - what model & engine is it so I can buy one for that.

Thank you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found out what it is -
Part No. 1338.66.
Sensor for Air-con.
Bought from Ebay for £3.50 ;)

Thread size is M14 x 1.25 (which is a bit unusual as it's a spark-plug thread :nono: )

I am going to use it to control the coolant fan, and as it's a thermistor (gives varied resistance dependent on temperature), I can build a little relay circuit with an adjuster on it so I can set the temp to what I want it to turn on at :)
Should be more reliable being in the coolant rather than bolted onto the rad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't it be easier if Peugeot used the same radiator, and same fan switch for all of it's models ?

But they're not in the game of "let's make servicing and spare parts easy" - no , they're in the game of "let's make them all different and spare parts bl##dy Expensive. While we're at it, we'll make around 50 different types of brake pads - so nobody has any stock when you need them. :nono:
The weirdest connectors on earth - and each model different.
OOOh - make sure the coolant pump is powered by the cambelt - that way if the pump siezes - it'll knacker the engine too :D .
Peugeot note to self - Position sensitive circuit boards as close to passengers footwell as possible, alternatively, connect with stiff looms to areas of vibration - like the ECU - held on with one bolt.

Designed mode of failure - I hate it :mad:

G

·
Yeah tell me about it, like the "sealed for life" indicator relays, whoever decided that was a good idea needs a good slapping!

Suppose its anything to make extra money these days though! :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
But they're not in the bold of "let's accomplish application and additional locations easy" - no , they're in the bold of "let's accomplish them all altered and additional locations bl##dy Expensive. While we're at it, we'll accomplish about 50 altered types of anchor pads - so cipher has any banal if you charge them...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stubbo said:
Yeah tell me about it, like the "sealed for life" indicator relays, whoever decided that was a good idea needs a good slapping!

Suppose its anything to make extra money these days though! :(
I now have a supply of indicator relays for the 206 - and the method to replace them.
I can ship them out in pairs if you're handy at soldering, or can repair them here by return of post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts