Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy of my post in the Urea fault code subject I think it good if my other two TSBs be dealt with separately rather than pull the Adblue one off topic..

"Yes dealer knows of the requirement to change the blue filler cap of the Adblue tank.
Also Clutch pedal needs looking at and also Cam Shaft Pulley.
So all three of these TSB booked in FOC, also as I'm under warranty they will collect and return car from me FOC, they are hoping to complete in same day.
Seems the Cam pulley a large job. Have the forum covered these other things as I can't spot them, links would be good if in the forum.
Thanks."

I would like to know what the clutch problem and the cam pulley ones are about, please.
Dealer will collect my car FOC and try to do all three same day, he says the cam pulley is a big job and if other problems encountered will be completed next day.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I went in was to find out on having the Adblue tank blue cap changed to a ventilated one.
They have said clutch peddle to have work done, I've not noticed any problem in operation.
They also doing a big job on cam pulley.

I'm wanting to get details of these two if others have had these done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The reason I went in was to find out on having the Adblue tank blue cap changed to a ventilated one.
They have said clutch peddle to have work done, I've not noticed any problem in operation.
They also doing a big job on cam pulley.

I'm wanting to get details of these two if others have had these done.
I would also be interested to know a bit more about the camshaft pulley recall as mine has developed a whirring noise from the drive belt area but mine hasn't flagged up that it is outstanding I would like to know what the recall was for and why as I cant find any details,mine is going in on Monday for the adblue cap,catalytic convertor check and clutch pedal check when I rang the dealer to report the noise he said he would see if there were anymore outstanding.i have a 2015 1.6 blue hdi

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine has just had these recalls done as well as a catalytic converter recall

Ad blue cap replace only took 10 mins
Cam shaft and cat it was in for a day (didn’t have the part in stock)
The cat was just a check

Had the clutch pedal done a couple months ago. Some plastic bit inside needed replacing. Again not in stock so was in for a couple of days as they have to take it all apart to see if it needs replacing before ordering it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine has just had these recalls done as well as a catalytic converter recall

Ad blue cap replace only took 10 mins
Cam shaft and cat it was in for a day (didn’t have the part in stock)
The cat was just a check

Had the clutch pedal done a couple months ago. Some plastic bit inside needed replacing. Again not in stock so was in for a couple of days as they have to take it all apart to see if it needs replacing before ordering it
what was the issue with the camshaft why was it replaced?

·
Registered
13 Posts
When the pulley was replaced on our car a new belt was fitted as well.
mine hasn't been flagged up for pulley issue, but my car has developed a whirring noise from the belt area sounds like a tensioner bearing or something the dealer is going to check it out on Monday I wonder what the issue was with the pulley

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sounds the same as our car enginewise. I'd contact your Citroen dealer especially as you're now out of your three years warranty.

I don't know how long you've had your car but could the previous owner have had it done?

I'd also check your AdBlue cap and see if that has been replaced. I checked ours over the weekend and was surprised to find it hadn't been replaced. I'll be phoning up tomorrow about this for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds the same as our car enginewise. I'd contact your Citroen dealer especially as you're now out of your three years warranty.

I don't know how long you've had your car but could the previous owner have had it done?

I'd also check your AdBlue cap and see if that has been replaced. I checked ours over the weekend and was surprised to find it hadn't been replaced. I'll be phoning up tomorrow about this for sure.
my warranty runs out at the end of July so I haven't got long,i have owned the car fo 2 months,i enquired at my dealer as to recalls outstanding as was told it needed adblue cap, clutch pedal recall and a catalytic converter check, but my car has developed a noise from the belt area and I was just wondering what the cam shaft pulley recall was for

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Regarding the pulley issue, it will almost certainly depend on the exact manufacturing date of the engine. My car was built in June '15, though not registered until November. No recall on the cam pulley so far, and sveral others were done during a recent full service.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Regarding the pulley issue, it will almost certainly depend on the exact manufacturing date of the engine. My car was built in June '15, though not registered until November. No recall on the cam pulley so far, and sveral others were done during a recent full service.
Mine that vintage, first Reg. Sept. 2015

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not going to be ready today :-(
They done pulley they had all parts, addblu cap and wiring harness, had a wiring harness done before so not sure if a different one.
They are having problems with the clutch as is now worse than before they did it :-(
So they will complete tomorrow.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now got car back.
They did HML replaced master cylinder, removed r+r spring and lubricated.
HUH replaced filler cap.
HXG corrosion check, was ok. (No idea what that was.)
HWX replaced cam pulley and cam belt.

Then followed a Vehicle Health Check which highlighted "clutch pedal squeak/grind after recall. That was what they fixed today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts