Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to update the Tomtom firmware, any advice please?
I have successfully downloaded the new map update, the firmware update and the License file. I have successfully updated the maps into the car but I am struggling with the firmware update. I have created a folder called License and I have extracted a License key file into the License folder and I have extracted the firmware update into the SWL folder and the folder name is 001315031501521229 but the firmware update is giving an error message.
If I am on the right lines can anyone please give more detailed instructions as to what to name the license file should be, for example should it be 001315031501521229.key?
Current system settings show the version is 21.05.68.24_NACr0
If I am totally wrong how do I do it!!!
Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I only spelt it wrong on the post but I have now changed the spelling of License to how it appears on the memory stick.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you can connect to your home router you do not need the license folder and file.

If you do need the folder it is titled "license" think it should be all lower case.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still no joy........

Hi Doctor, I have connected to the home router wifi and selected the update option on the screen, it says that there are no updates available maybe because the latest update is so new. Just to confirm I have spelt the folder "license" correctly.

My only option now is the USB method, has anyone any specific details of how to do it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Doctor, I have connected to the home router wifi and selected the update option on the screen, it says that there are no updates available maybe because the latest update is so new. Just to confirm I have spelt the folder "license" correctly.

My only option now is the USB method, has anyone any specific details of how to do it.
You still have to put the usb stick into the car with the folder SWL and the software in that folder, disable S&S prior to that.

Connecting to your home router negates the need for the license folder on your USB stick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Doctor, thanks for trying but all I get is the message......
"Version not compatible with hardware"

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Doctor, thanks for trying but all I get is the message......
"Version not compatible with hardware"
How long are you leaving the USB plugged in after "Version not compatible with hardware" comes up, I had to leave it plugged in a minute or two, it did start the update.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Where did you download the software from? If you get a message stating that the version is not compatible (a terrible error message that does not explain anything), then that update might not be for your car.

If you logged in to MyPeugeot and downloaded it from there, then it might be something else. Have you formatted the USB stick to FAT32?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Where did you download the software from? If you get a message stating that the version is not compatible (a terrible error message that does not explain anything), then that update might not be for your car.

If you logged in to MyPeugeot and downloaded it from there, then it might be something else. Have you formatted the USB stick to FAT32?
Is your car ready for a wash yet, Agmuns? Thought of popping over for an update as well so could do both at the same time. :lol::thumb:
Seriously, I am not too tech savvy and all this about updating is looking very complicated. How are we non-techies going to cope?
Tak

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm leaving mine well alone and letting the dealer sort it out during the service. I'm wondering why in 2017 I have a £500 TV that automatically downloads updates by Wifi, a £75 Bluray player that can do the same, and a £33,000 car with wifi and a 4G SIM card that has to have it's engine running for ages, a bloody USB stick plugged into it containing downloads from a French website, and nervous owners sitting there bricking it with fingers crossed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm leaving mine well alone and letting the dealer sort it out during the service. I'm wondering why in 2017 I have a £500 TV that automatically downloads updates by Wifi, a £75 Bluray player that can do the same, and a £33,000 car with wifi and a 4G SIM card that has to have it's engine running for ages, a bloody USB stick plugged into it containing downloads from a French website, and nervous owners sitting there bricking it with fingers crossed.
As usual lee, say it how it is! I am sure a lot of us agree wholeheartedly :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is your car ready for a wash yet, Agmuns? Thought of popping over for an update as well so could do both at the same time. :lol::thumb:
Seriously, I am not too tech savvy and all this about updating is looking very complicated. How are we non-techies going to cope?
Tak
:lol: I did the 108 on saturday, but the 3008 needs to wait until the rain stops. I hope I can wash it again early next week :p

I have not a problem with updating but, as mentioned by others, it's way too complex to update the car. I fully understand that some think it's difficult, because it's not user friendly at all. I have skipped the latest update (R1), so maybe I should make a video and upload it to YouTube today ... :notsure:

I work in the IT industry and would love to have been at the board meeting where they decided how the update procedure of the 3008 was going to work. I don't think the car manufacturers care about hiring people with IT background in the managing positions :p It seems that they do all they can to make IT as hard as possible.

·
Registered
338 Posts
:lol: I did the 108 on saturday, but the 3008 needs to wait until the rain stops. I hope I can wash it again early next week :p

I have not a problem with updating but, as mentioned by others, it's way too complex to update the car. I fully understand that some think it's difficult, because it's not user friendly at all. I have skipped the latest update (R1), so maybe I should make a video and upload it to YouTube today ... :notsure:

I work in the IT industry and would love to have been at the board meeting where they decided how the update procedure of the 3008 was going to work. I don't think the car manufacturers care about hiring people with IT background in the managing positions :p It seems that they do all they can to make IT as hard as possible.
Am washing my car on Friday, anyway at least doing a fairly decent wash with snow foam and the like. Regarding the updates, I'll either get assistance from Beards, I hope, or take it to the dealer to do.
Would be great if manufacturers did put more thought into the IT side and making it user friendly but that is the way of the world I'm afraid ��
Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Am washing my car on Friday, anyway at least doing a fairly decent wash with snow foam and the like. Regarding the updates, I'll either get assistance from Beards, I hope, or take it to the dealer to do.
Would be great if manufacturers did put more thought into the IT side and making it user friendly but that is the way of the world I'm afraid ��
Cheers,
Mike
Oh thanks a lot.... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts