Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've done lots of searching (both on here and Google) but can't find a definite answer to my problem. My wife's van (Expert 1.6 HDI 2014) had a horribly stiff up and down travel on the gear stick. I popped the end of the cable off the selector head ball and the box is nice and free so cable is definitely the cause. I've eventually managed to remove the linkage cable after spending hours over, then in the side, and finally under the back of the engine, trying to prise apart the big plastic clips that anchor the cable ends to the gearbox mount. Having dismantled the entire lower half of the dash to get the centre console shroud off, I've finally got the bugger out!

The cable is marked with 9 613 263.B and 14 011 751 80. I've seen lots of cables online marked 2444xx where xx is lots of different pairs of letters.

I've found one dealer with a cable marked up as 2444GR, 2444EL, 1401176480, TC1401176480_50. On their site it says this fits the 16v version but not the 8v version of the 1.6 engine.

I'm after any help, really. Can anyone tell me which version (8 or 16v) our van is, or whether this cable will replace my part? In the pictures they look identical but I know that is not always a guarantee for a working replacement. Like someone else in another thread, I've seen cables from 40 quid to 125, but none match my part number.

To ID the engine, if someone can help with that, the VIN is VF3XU9HM0EZxxxxxx. I know this means the 9HM engine but haven't found a description of that yet.

Any knowledge will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you put the VIN into catcar.info you should get the correct part numbers & IIRC you'll also get the engine type. Until recently, you could do the same with service.citroen.com but they've now started charging for parts info.
My guess is that the gearbox for the 16v & 8v will be the same, but am not sure about that.

Peugeot - Catcar.info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those that replied. I'd tried one VIN finder on a Ukrainian site that said my number didn't exist! However, CatInfo shared above did. I'd found so many sites offering different part numbers and even my local garage couldn't get anything confirmed except through the Peugeot main dealer, who wanted £180 and wouldn't give out the part number. Oh, and couldn't supply any parts anyway due to lock down!

In the end I found a dealer selling through eBay with both photos and measurements which looked to match mine - 104cm long and just the 2 cables, no reverse latch, etc. They offered sale or return so I went for it. As Windy mentioned, it was indeed a 2444GR and yes, a perfect match. It is now fitted and working fine. I've actually done some video as OnlyYou is right - it's an absolute bugger to fit (and get out in the first place). When I get a chance to edit it, I'll try and get it up on YouTube. In the end, I went up from under the engine to get to the 2 clips attaching the cables to the back of the gearbox, which were jammed up with years of dirt and a pig to release. Then the whole bottom of the dash has to come out to remove the bottom half of the centre console and get to the gear stick box and where the bung goes through the bulkhead.

Anyway, job done and van sorted. Thanks for those that offered help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts