Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct name of these pillars?

I am trying to figure out ways to restore them back to original black (they've been dyed by the sun over the past few years) but I could do with knowing the correct term for them.

I've used the liquid that you sponge on and it looks great but it only lasts a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know the correct name of these pillars?

I am trying to figure out ways to restore them back to original black (they've been dyed by the sun over the past few years) but I could do with knowing the correct term for them.

I've used the liquid that you sponge on and it looks great but it only lasts a few days.
B-pillar.

·
5,993 Posts
Mask up degrease and spray with acrylic satin black spray paint. Worked on my old 307

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
11,830 Posts
Mask up and degrease - two steps.

Mask up the area with paper and masking tape.

Degrease with a degreaser prior to painting.

Although I use this on mine:

·
5,993 Posts
I just wiped mine over with brake cleaner to remove wax, silicone and grease prior to painting

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently use Greased Lightning Brilliant Black on the B pillars but it only lasts 5-7 days.

I was hoping to restore them to something more semi-permament (at least two months or so).

I called some places that can wrap them but they charge a good £80-£120, which is too pricey for me, even though I'm sure it'd do the job very well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts