Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello chaps....Havn't been able to jump on here much lately with work hassles but here we go.

Cut a very long story short:

Purchased a 307 110hdi 2002. And boy, she is a sod to start when warm! So looked for all usual signs?

Had forum member (Windy) around a couple of times to work his magic on the DPF removal and a very experienced knowledgeable head to help throw a few ideas around :thumb:

The car starts but only tries to fire on 1 or 2 pistons until it eventually fires up and runs perfect. Its one of those that is harder to start when its been running than it is cold? :confused:

I have changed the HP fuel pump...Planet said it was 280-290 bar when cranking so that never really stood out as a problem but I changed it anyway.

I have checked the fuel lines, filter, pipes, all the usual suspects and lift pump in tank and everything is great, cleaned and checked HP regulator etc

All parameters in planet show no reason why the engine can't fire up normally.

So I did a leak off test yesterday, 4 x 125ml bottles cylinders 1, 2, 4 filled to about 80-90 ml within 6 mins but cylinder 3 was at 100-110ml.

Nothing really stood out showing it might be injector fault? unless they are all knackered?

any ideas guys? :(

·
Registered
909 Posts
for some reason an earth issue is springing to mind or a dying starter motor. Those that have been around a lot longer will know in more detail

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a strange one, the starter is fine as cranking pressures are in the normal area with this car, and it does try to start on one or two cylinders straight away, just not enough to enable a smooth turn over...cheers anyway!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Gibbo, well, yes that could be a potential culprit but it actually starts better from cold than after its been running?

it's the symptoms of a "run out of fuel" thing and you have just filled up and trying to get it started again and splutters on one or two injectors and then it roars to life.

except when you stop it then try and start her again it has to be repeated all over again?

Yet from cold it does the splutter thing but starts much quicker....very weird :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm sound a lot like the problems i had before mine got to the no starter zone permenatly...

Bosch system i pressume?

Mine was a knackered injector and belive it... nr 3.
Got 4 cheap on the bay for like 70 quid was for a 306 but the nr on them matched so changed them all.... No hassle since...

Could also be worthwhile to check the pressure regulator on the hp pump it has a tiny filter in metal and a set of orings that could leak ( a tiny green one and a guide in white plastic)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that, I reckon it has to be the injectors...gut feeling and all that.

Never overlook the obvious I say....had an airbag prob once and it was the comm board even though planet said it was "no fault found?"

I think I'm going to source a few injectors from the scrappy and see how we go?

thanks for the help chaps....watch this space ha ha

cheers all

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I remember correctly they also have a problem with electrical loom to injectors. Have you try disconnecting one at the time to check which injector does make no difference? Also, some garages have a simple plug with light for injectors. It should illuminate if cabling is OK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did fix it... I also got audio a4 and BMW x5. By far worse then 307..... Needless to say that what fails on pugs seems to be always made by Bosh ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey windy
Hows things, well still sat on drive and not moved as predicted, work has been really busy at present so making hay while sun shines!!

Haven't got around to changing Injectors yet but that will be happening in the next month or so.

I'll give you a bell for a catch up later to see whats happening in your life!!

ttfn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts