Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through the search, I have found lots of problems with the rear wiper, but none like mine.
When I first switch it on, it moves about an inch then stops. If I then turn it off then on again, it sweeps correctly.
It doesn't matter if the window is wet or dry (when using the wash wipe, which gives rise to another problem).
If I leave the wiper on so it intermittently sweeps, it sometimes does the one inch movement, then after a few seconds it will sweep normally.

On to the wash system.
I replaced the washer pump a couple of years ago, as it was dead when I got the car. It was not feeding the rear. After checking for splits or kinks etc, nothing was found so I put a new pump on.
Upon initial use, using the rear wipe would spray the front. I took the pipe for the rear back off, forced it full of water until it came out the rear jet, then reconnected the pipe. It worked properly.
I then found that if I allowed the tank to run out, the same thing would happen, that only the front sprayed, After a few tried though, the fluid began to come out of the rear and stop coming out of the front.
The last time it ran out was around September last year, and ever since, despite fluid coming out the rear, it still comes out of the front. No amount of trying or priming it make any difference. Not a lot comes out the rear, but lots come out the front and it takes me by surprise each time and I have to turn front wipers on pdq.
Any ideas? I am assuming the pump (eBay special) has died a death, and whatever is used to divert the fluid to front OR rear, is broken, allowing the spray to go to both ends.
I take it a decent new pump purchase is imminent?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Neil

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Through the search, I have found lots of problems with the rear wiper, but none like mine.
When I first switch it on, it moves about an inch then stops. If I then turn it off then on again, it sweeps correctly.
It doesn't matter if the window is wet or dry (when using the wash wipe, which gives rise to another problem).
If I leave the wiper on so it intermittently sweeps, it sometimes does the one inch movement, then after a few seconds it will sweep normally.

On to the wash system.
I replaced the washer pump a couple of years ago, as it was dead when I got the car. It was not feeding the rear. After checking for splits or kinks etc, nothing was found so I put a new pump on.
Upon initial use, using the rear wipe would spray the front. I took the pipe for the rear back off, forced it full of water until it came out the rear jet, then reconnected the pipe. It worked properly.
I then found that if I allowed the tank to run out, the same thing would happen, that only the front sprayed, After a few tried though, the fluid began to come out of the rear and stop coming out of the front.
The last time it ran out was around September last year, and ever since, despite fluid coming out the rear, it still comes out of the front. No amount of trying or priming it make any difference. Not a lot comes out the rear, but lots come out the front and it takes me by surprise each time and I have to turn front wipers on pdq.
Any ideas? I am assuming the pump (eBay special) has died a death, and whatever is used to divert the fluid to front OR rear, is broken, allowing the spray to go to both ends.
I take it a decent new pump purchase is imminent?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Neil
Sounds like there is crap in the tank and pipe causing the pump to over work and resulted in a damaged pump. I would give the tank a good clean with a hose pipe through both the filler and where the pump goes then take the pipe off the washer jet and force water down it for a while and the clean washer jet and retest if still same fit a new pump making sure you have cleaned all pipes and tank properly

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my fingers crossed that it is the motor then as you have already cast your magic onto my comm.
It has done it for about 3 years now, as the mate I bought it off said it had been doing it a few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts