Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Again All,

Does anyone know where the best places are on a 607 to use a trolley jack on. Autodata seems to show that the trolley jack point is on the sill just before half way along from the front but looking at it ( and trying it a bit ), the sill will just bend. You cannot use the standard jack points for the car jack.

I need some positions where the front can be jacked up and also the rear if I need to using a trolley jack.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi steevo..

I agree that the sill bends off.. its a bummer, unless you are using a good jack that has rubber bush on it..

I find that the easier way is to put the jack just beside the suspension things (a wee bit beside lower engine shield)

Let me know if you need any help..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted Peugeot in the end. They tell me that there is an adapter that fits to the sill that you are supposed to use when jacking up the car using a trolley jack. Even though there is an adapter, Peugeot will not sell it to the general public. They did show me the adapter so I guess its a case of having to make one myself. It just looks like a long strip of metal with a groove in it where the sill slots into. This makes it so that the weight is taken by the metal each side of the sill. I think I can make one out of wood depending on the clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts