Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok trip switch fitted, turned on with pp.
Problem is it only switches from the time to temp:eek:
My display is only 2 lines. Think it may need the 3 line one.
Anyone know if fitting a new display will fix it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance a screen from a
2002 PEUGEOT 206 VDO STEREO RADIO CASSETTE PLAYER WITH DISPLAY UNIT 964544367700?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I've had a quick look on ebay and the 3 line displays that fit the 206 look like the display fitted to the mk1 307.

I have the same display lying around though it does suffer from heat fade but if you are local to me you are welcome to try it to see if it will work before spending money.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer but being in wakefield makes it a tad too far.
This is what mine looks like from the front.
Will upload the back when im home from work

Attachments

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The one I have looks the same from the front but has the extra line and is probably a bit taller so you would need to get a new surround as the cutout doesn't look big enough.

I found one on ebay but the shape of the bezel is wrong so it could be that if it fits you may have to cut the existing hole to fit. One thing to be careful of is the size and shape of the connector. The actual display part is the same as the one I have which came out of an 04 307.

PEUGEOT 206 DISPLAY MULTI FUNCTION 3 BULB 3 LINE DISPLAY 9641014877 A01 | eBay

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've seen once someone that substitute two line display for three line version. Only condition I remember was that your 206 is multiplexed version (2001 model and posterior). Two lines display has a 6 pin connector, and three line has a 18 pins one. It's relatively easy to substitute it.

Also, you need to implement function change button in wipers control column, handy process but needed to get all functions available with that display.

I've found a procedure to change display, but it's in Spanish from an Argentine forum. If useful, send me a private message with your email and I can send it to you. :thumb:

Of course you'll need change front cover because display is bigger, maybe from a junk yard.

Hope it helps, erick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts