Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all i have just bought a 307 2ltr hdi d turbo 5dr hatch, its on a 51 plate (2001).
Now i don't know if i should have the trip computer in this car or not, from what i can tell it should be there, but pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk does nothing.
It has the 2 white arrows on the button and the button moves in easily, i have poped the end off but it doesn't look like any of the pics on this forum.
It has the ribbon cable but this goes right into the end of the part that pops off the stalk and looks sealed.
Does anyone know how i can tell if my car should have a trip computer? everything is there that should be i guess i may have to wait untill my lexia-3 pp2000 arives.
Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
If you've got the button then yeah you should have it, i guess the centre display isnt changing at all?

Could be a dodgy button or maybe previous owners had it disabled?

Planet will confirm this for you though :thumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stubbo said:
If you've got the button then yeah you should have it, i guess the centre display isnt changing at all?

Could be a dodgy button or maybe previous owners had it disabled?

Planet will confirm this for you though :thumb:
Yeah thats right the display is staying on the default screen with the date etc displayed, im thinking the previous owner must have had it disabled as everything auto on this car was not working when i got it, i had to reactivate the auto lighting and wipers etc.
Though why buy a car with all these gadgets if your not gona use em lol.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
could be that they had the comm unit replaced, but not with the same one they had so it came with all the buttons....just a guess...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
just an idea, but that would mean they also fitted the sensors for the auto lights and wipers...or they could be fitted as standard...which would mean another free/very cheap upgrade :thumb:

from what we have learned is that all the cars...aslong as you fit the button it has trip computer, it just needs activating with a planet holder.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after finally working out that service box website and getting up all my car details i have found out it should defo have it so it must be a bad switch or its not enabled in planet.
Now just goto wait for my planet, i hate waiting lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok got my planet all setup and it seems my trip computer is already activated also no fault codes reported in the com2000.
Duno why it won't bloody work :confused:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
did you say yours is a ribbon, might have fucked contacts behind the button and before the ribbon, if you get me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it has a ribbon in it but its not like the pictures i have seen with the ribbons in and the long plastic part that stick through.
In mine there is no plastic bit and no hole for it to go through the ribbon goes right to the end where the button is and i can see no way to open it.
I can't see how i could have damaged the conections as i made sure not to pull on the cable when i opened the stalk, i was very gentle.
Unless it has been damaged before i got the car, but without opening the deamn thing i guess i will never know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts