Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have had my GT Line now for 3 weeks and have the following trims issues already

1) Rear passenger drivers trim by the door through to the boot area has come away - not just a push back in situation and don't want to force in case it snaps

2) Drivers seat - rear left hand side 'fake' leather has come away from the hard casing, its revealing the stitching and again will not push it (right hand side is fine) - I have the massaging option so not sure if thats causing a stretching/pressure on the cover?

The car is due to go in for its 1 month check up and the dealer has said they will sort (having front & rear mud flaps fitted at the same time) but I told them I am a little concerned about at £26k+ car having these types of issues after just 3 weeks.

Think the car is great but a little niggle at the back of my mind around build quality from Peugeot !!

Anyone else had any trim problems ??

Pip

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah that seed is beginning to set here too, came from an Audi and the first few weeks where like " why didn't i do this years ago " but now the doubt is setting in. I have knocking underneath the car, booming from the brakes at low speed, screen sometimes so slow the rear view camera doesn`t even show when reversing, key less entry sometimes has a mind of it`s own. Over 4 years of owning my Q3 it never had an issue, ever. In fact it was so perfect it was almost boring...or so i thought.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If Peugeot want to keep all these new owners coming from other usually high quality brands they are gonna have to sort their s**t out.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If cars can be designed to not have booming/screechy brakes then .. why wasn't that done?

The electronics take time to load up "charging".. so you have to wait for satnav to load, wait for the massage seat function to kick in before you can switch it off (no default in the software on the allure), if reverse is selected then the the car doesn't appear on the image.

Oh and there's couple of times the satnav has pretty much taken a mile or two to even get locked onto satellites.

I know they're using a slow system for cost but still.. my ODroid embedded CPU can manage that faster..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Reading these and a few comments from other topics on the forum I have to ask:-
Are these questions that ask "How did the model achieve Car of the Year 2017"?
:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Reading these and a few comments from other topics on the forum I have to ask:-
Are these questions that ask "How did the model achieve Car of the Year 2017"?
:confused:
lol the fiat punto won it, then the following year the brava did, even the megane won it in 2003 and that was recognised as one of the most dreadful cars renault have ever built.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive only just taken delivery (2 days ago) and little concerned to see issues from others member like this. Can you reject a car within a certain time frame over quality issues?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Think the car is great but a little niggle at the back of my mind around build quality from Peugeot !!

Anyone else had any trim problems ??

Pip
I don't know about the 3008 because mine is not built yet (9 days to go!). However, in 2015 i bought a brand new 108. It was my first Peugeot and it was the cheapest car money could buy in Norway at the time. Naturally, my expectations were low when I bought it. I mean, how far could I drive before the cheapest car in Norway fell apart, right? The entire car (and the people inside) literally shakes when the tiny 3-cylinder engine idles. All 3-cylinder engines shake, but Peugeot have not even tried to hide the shaking. It feels like the engine is mounted directly to the chassis. I've now driven it 40 000 km on mostly motorways at maximum speed (flooring it for hours at 140 km/h). The cheap plastic is still tight, there are no weird noises from the interior or exterior and every button and dial is as tight as when the car was new.

I have no reason to believe Peugeot in general have bad build quality after driving the 108 for 2 1/2 years. Especially not considering Peugeot are trying to be more "premium" with the new 3008.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just for balance I have to say it's so far so good regarding trim - and everything else -in mine. There's no creaks or rattles, no booming brake noise etc. Only issue I've had is that the touch screen once took minutes to come on, but that's only happened once (in 80 drives according to the MyPeugeot app) and I guess stuff like that will be ironed out with the software updates.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If I was VW owner, I would be careful about slagging off Peugeot products.
A box of DSG neutrals in a Polo, which was unfortunately in the outside lane, resulted in the death of a Melbourne girl, not too long ago.
VAG stuff is quiet ok if it's a business write off otherwise have a healthy bank balance is my advice.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Don't you just love it when people compare a so called 'premium' brand with an accepted 'norma'l brand ?

Saying a Peugeot isn't the same as an Audi is like saying this apple doesn't taste the same as an orange or that the shirt I got from Matalan isn't as good as the shirt from Topman

·
Registered
509 Posts
Don't you just love it when people compare a so called 'premium' brand with an accepted 'norma'l brand ?

Saying a Peugeot isn't the same as an Audi is like saying this apple doesn't taste the same as an orange or that the shirt I got from Matalan isn't as good as the shirt from Topman
At 35k for a specced GT I would say that it's creeping into the premium market. A fully specced Audi Q3 was 39k

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

VW's use the same mechanicals as Audi and are warrantied for only 3 years for a very good reason.
I wouldn't want a DSG or Haldex without a spare $10k once out of warranty.
Endurance proving is done by the customer.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah that seed is beginning to set here too, came from an Audi and the first few weeks where like " why didn't i do this years ago " but now the doubt is setting in. I have knocking underneath the car, booming from the brakes at low speed, screen sometimes so slow the rear view camera doesn`t even show when reversing, key less entry sometimes has a mind of it`s own. Over 4 years of owning my Q3 it never had an issue, ever. In fact it was so perfect it was almost boring...or so i thought.
Hey come on now , is there anything positive to say about this car ??..mine will be here in about two weeks 9 ( 1.2 petrol gt line ) and to be honest i am now having doubts about it , so anything positive here about the car ??

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey come on now , is there anything positive to say about this car ??..mine will be here in about two weeks 9 ( 1.2 petrol gt line ) and to be honest i am now having doubts about it , so anything positive here about the car ??
I wouldn't worry, any minor issues will be dealt with under warranty in any case.
The satisfied majority won't be heard from.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
I wouldn't worry, any minor issues will be dealt with under warranty in any case.
The satisfied majority won't be heard from.
Quite right.

Like any car, there can be issues, but that's what warranty is for and that early service check gives enough time for trim issues to be identified and sorted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have my 1.2 GT line over a month now and really happy with it , no brake issues or noises from below. My previous car was a Q3 which was good too but a bit dull inside, which the Peugeot certainly isn't

1 - 18 of 18 Posts