Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.6HDI 54 Plate pre-facelift. Car intermittently not getting used and also generally not getting used as much.

Can I use a trickle/maintenance charger connected directly to the battery whilst in situ??

I do it for my bike which has a Hella (BMW type) plug socket. Plug it in and forget about it. CTEK battery charger/maintainer one of my best investments. It's currently conditioning my mates dead battery as his car is SORN due to back injury.

Advisable or not - suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
very good idea. Your car battery will appreciate it just as well as the battery on your bike. Even if you can recondition a empty battery it will loose some life from it. If its charged it will last longer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

What I need to know is can I do this without having to disconnect? IE, the battery in situ with the the car terminals still connected but the vehicle shutdown. ie. locked and left for a while until the BSI has shut down?

I've done it with old vehicles but they had less sensetive electronics.

Thanks

Steve

·
6,281 Posts
They sold a great XS trickle charger in ALDI late last year for less that £15.00 and it has all the features of units 3x the price (keeps my RGV battery charged). If you are lucky you may still find one in your local store

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would say its like charging your phone while its on. I just googled ctek charger and found that one of their sales arguments where very low voltage ripple saving the electronics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts