Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advise regarding a Peugeot 307.
I have just purchased a 2003 307 1.6 petrol and have done a really stupid thing. Both the key fobs where badly worn so I purchased a couple of new ones and changed over the housing just before I when on training course for a week. I did not realise that you had to change over the small chip. So when I got home a week later and the bins had been emptied I then realised the car won't start and the stupid thing I had done. I did not get any paper work with the car as the previous owner had lost it. I have Peugeot planet but from reading bits on the net it seems like you need the code from the manufacturer to reprogram the chips (I have ordered a couple from the bay).
My question is can I program the chip without this code by first reading the BSI unit or if not is there anywhere I can get the code from without paying Peugeot an arm and a leg if indeed they will supply it. To top it all the window is stuck open because the car went into economy mode when it would not start.

Any information on this would be greatfully appreciated .
Thanks In advance
Peter

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Bettyswollocks can provide the code from the vin. If you find one of his posts he used to have a link to his site where he does this from.

Won't help with the starting or coding keys but you can temporarily disable eco mode using peugeot planet and also closre the window from PP2000.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thank you for the information but I am i am not sure how I would get a intouch with Bettyswollock. I have looked at a lot of threads that are asking him questions but I don't see him replying. It probably because I am not used to going on forums much and don't understand it very well?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Thanks to all the help on this site I know have the codes for my car. I have however run into another problem that I could do with some help with. I have a old dell laptop that I keep for running my Peugeot planet software. It has not been out for a while but of course the one time I really needed it it failed with a hard drive failure. I have replaced the hard drive reinstalled a clean copy of XP and the Peugeot planet form the original disk the installation seemed to go ok and I took the unit to the car only to find it will not talk to the Peugeot planet box the green light comes on for about 2 seconds and then goes of the the computer does not see it. I uninstalled the program and windows again and started again still the same problem so I tried the longer lead that goes from the computer to the Peugeot planet box and the green light stayed on. I activated the program reset the computer only to find am back to square one with the green light on for 2 seconds then off. I have tried resoldering the joints in the box but no luck.
So I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and can advise on the next step or as I really want to get the car going again is there any one in the Saxmundham area of suffolk that has a Peugeot planet that could help reprogram my transponder chip?

Thanks In advance
Peter

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi
Thanks to all the help on this site I know have the codes for my car. I have however run into another problem that I could do with some help with. I have a old dell laptop that I keep for running my Peugeot planet software. It has not been out for a while but of course the one time I really needed it it failed with a hard drive failure. I have replaced the hard drive reinstalled a clean copy of XP and the Peugeot planet form the original disk the installation seemed to go ok and I took the unit to the car only to find it will not talk to the Peugeot planet box the green light comes on for about 2 seconds and then goes of the the computer does not see it. I uninstalled the program and windows again and started again still the same problem so I tried the longer lead that goes from the computer to the Peugeot planet box and the green light stayed on. I activated the program reset the computer only to find am back to square one with the green light on for 2 seconds then off. I have tried resoldering the joints in the box but no luck.
So I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and can advise on the next step or as I really want to get the car going again is there any one in the Saxmundham area of suffolk that has a Peugeot planet that could help reprogram my transponder chip?

Thanks In advance
Peter
Plug the lexia into every USB port and reinstall the drivers whilst connected to every port is worth a try

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two ports and I have plugged the unit in to both. The strange thing is that the computer must see the box because I am getting the message new hardware found and the computer installs the driver. but them no green light and when I click to remove usb device the computer doesn't seem to see it then as its not in the list.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Try running device manager and seeing if you can find the lexia listed there. If so uninstall it from device manager then plug it back in and let it re-install the driver. Sounds to me like the driver may be corrupt so you could try installing the driver direct from the cd by right cl;ocking on the file 'actiausb.inf' and choosing install from the popup menu.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have two ports and I have plugged the unit in to both. The strange thing is that the computer must see the box because I am getting the message new hardware found and the computer installs the driver. but them no green light and when I click to remove usb device the computer doesn't seem to see it then as its not in the list.
there will be a hardware device listed in the properties/device Manager . but I cannot remember what it is called Offhand and the laptop is currently not around for me to check

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok
after 3 days of going round in circles once again from the helpful comments on this site I may have a lead. I have once again taken the program off and reloaded it.
When I got the Planet it came on 1 disk and said the decompress the files for the Citroen and Peugeot programs onto my hard drive but not to the c directory as this could cause problems. I have decompressed the files to a removeable drive and load the program from there. But this time when I reloaded the peugeot planet I removed the drive from the other USB port so it could not see the files. when I plugged the box in it once again found new hardware and loaded it. the title of the device is" USB com board evolution driver (multi instance). This is what it has been saying all along but it cant be from the files that come with the pp2000. it must be a generic windows driver. I have looked for the file name of the driver given in the responses above but I cant find that file name. I should mention I have not loaded the Citroen software just the PP2000. Does this make sense to any one and if possible does any one a driver file they could send me? Not sure if it makes a difference but my unit is version 5.1.

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ok
after 3 days of going round in circles once again from the helpful comments on this site I may have a lead. I have once again taken the program off and reloaded it.
When I got the Planet it came on 1 disk and said the decompress the files for the Citroen and Peugeot programs onto my hard drive but not to the c directory as this could cause problems. I have decompressed the files to a removeable drive and load the program from there. But this time when I reloaded the peugeot planet I removed the drive from the other USB port so it could not see the files. when I plugged the box in it once again found new hardware and loaded it. the title of the device is" USB com board evolution driver (multi instance). This is what it has been saying all along but it cant be from the files that come with the pp2000. it must be a generic windows driver. I have looked for the file name of the driver given in the responses above but I cant find that file name. I should mention I have not loaded the Citroen software just the PP2000. Does this make sense to any one and if possible does any one a driver file they could send me? Not sure if it makes a difference but my unit is version 5.1.

Thanks
Peter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahk4lalts7szpcj/Setup Drivers DiagBox.exe?dl=0

try this link valid for one hour

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pp2000 green led on for a couple of seconds

After a lot of time and valuable help from this forum and others I have I think found a solution to my problem with my green led on for a couple of seconds and then going off. of course I can not see the interface from the PC at this point. I found some information on line that suggested flashing the usb driver chip on the interface board to see if it was responding or not the file needed to do this is APPLIC\LCTLEX3 and the name is "MajAppCom.exe. It will tell you if the usb chip is responding or not. mine did not but it suggests running this flash file a couple of times and true enough every time on the third attempt my interface responds and stays active as long as I don't power down the PC. I can only assume that the USB chip is losing its stored data or the internal RAM chip on the interface board (both I have read about and seem to cause problems). I have added this to try to help others from my research It is not a total fix of my problem but it has got me out of a fix and allowed me to reprogram my key transponders. I will order another Interface but also try to do further research and fix this one know I have more time. I will keep any updates I find posted. I will also register my location and availability of the pp2000 as I found there was non listed in my area so this may help others on the forum.

I would just like to finish by saying that this fix worked for me I cant guarantee it would work for anyone else as I no way an expert on these devices.
I would like to thank every body that has responded to my posts and say what a great place this forum is.

In formation supplied was found at Digital Kaos

Thanks again to all and Happy New year
Peter

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
key programming

I have managed to get the PP2000 working and programmed my transponder chips. The car starts fine but I can't get the key fob to lock or unlock the car. I have tried the batteries in the fobs but no luck. The circuit boards in the fobs are the original ones that I kept when I changed the plastic cases and both worked before I started.
Can anyone help with this? am I missing something.
I am putting the key in the ignition and turning it to the position before the starter cuts in. Within 10 seconds pushing the lock button for 10 seconds then removing the key wait 10 seconds.

Tried several time with both keys but no working????

Also after all the great help and advise from the members on this site to get the pp2000 working I would like to register I have it on the site incase I can help others in my area. I don't think there are any listed near me as I could not find any members when I looked.
Can any one also tell me how to find the register of members with pp2000 so I can add mine.

Peter

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
If the remotes have been programmed in the past with a different transponder chip then throw them in the bin as now they are useless because they are paired to the transponder chip they was programed with, this happens when programmed for the first time and can only be done once

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the response 'trustme'
My understanding was that the transponder chips were OTP (One Time Programmable) devices but the remote locking could be programmed at any time with out PP2000. When I programmed the new transponder chips that were blank devices with the pp2000. at the end it guided me on how to program the remote fobs by using the same method as I described in my last message. but you are saying I need to get new remote fobs as well?. Also when you say read with the pp2000 I don't fully understand what I should be reading is there a code I can read for the remote locking chips and if so how to I get this into the fob as the stuff I have read on the forum seems to surgest that this is done as I explained previously.
Sorry if these are stupid questions I am trying to get my head round this.

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
You are getting mixed up with programming and syncing

A remote can be re synced to a car it has been programmed to, this can only be done with the chip it was programmed with. This is done when a working remote stops working because it has lost the rolling code sequence from the car so needs to learn the sequence again

Programming of a remote can only happen once and with a Virgin remote and virgin transponder chip. Swapping chips will not work and swapping pcb will not work as both need to be virgin to program.

You should be aware that to program you need the 4 digit security number on the card

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok here is what I done
I replaced the plastic keyfobs as the old ones were in a bad way. I didn't realise that the transponder chip was in the plastic holder that was by this time disposed of.

I whent on the bay and got 2 new transponder chips and put in the remote key fobs so at this time I have the following:-

Original key (steel part that goes in the ignition barrel)
Original remote control circuit boards that both worked before to lock and unlock the car.
and new virgin transponder chips.

I purchase the four digit code of a member on the forum as I did not have the card with it on and using the pp2000 programmed the transponder chips.

At this stage the car then started again and all was well(or so I thought).
From then I have tried to get the fob to lock and unlock but with no joy.

So my understanding of what you are telling me is:-

I need to purchase new transponder chips and new circuit boards for the remote fobs (both virgin parts)

Reprogram the transponder chips again using pp2000 and the four digit code as before and then do the bit where I put in the key turn it to the position just before the starter motor cuts in.

Push the lock button for ten seconds within ten seconds on turning the key.
then take the key out and it will work?

One last question as I am not programming the lock / unlock function with the pp2000 can I just get new virgin circuit boards for the key fobs and do the above process as I can't see any where in the pp2000 instructions that say it is needed for the reprogramming of the luck / unlock part of the circuit board. or goes it send a code to the ics on the lock / unlock part of the key during the programming of the transponder chips?

Peter

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I cant believe my luck.
My wife has just gone out and literally going out of the drive the cambelt has been thrown off or broken on her 1.6 HDI 2008 307. there is some water under the car and the belt is pocking through the plastic cover. I changed the belt, water pump and tensioner last year.
I am assuming that these engines are interference engines can any one confirm this. I am assuming it may be broken followers as well if it is an interference engine?

Do the heads normally service this happening or is it a recon head?
Thanks in advance for any advise that can be given on this.

Peter

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Ok here is what I done
I replaced the plastic keyfobs as the old ones were in a bad way. I didn't realise that the transponder chip was in the plastic holder that was by this time disposed of.

I whent on the bay and got 2 new transponder chips and put in the remote key fobs so at this time I have the following:-

Original key (steel part that goes in the ignition barrel)
Original remote control circuit boards that both worked before to lock and unlock the car.
and new virgin transponder chips.

I purchase the four digit code of a member on the forum as I did not have the card with it on and using the pp2000 programmed the transponder chips.

At this stage the car then started again and all was well(or so I thought).
From then I have tried to get the fob to lock and unlock but with no joy.

So my understanding of what you are telling me is:-

I need to purchase new transponder chips and new circuit boards for the remote fobs (both virgin parts)

Reprogram the transponder chips again using pp2000 and the four digit code as before and then do the bit where I put in the key turn it to the position just before the starter motor cuts in.

Push the lock button for ten seconds within ten seconds on turning the key.
then take the key out and it will work?

One last question as I am not programming the lock / unlock function with the pp2000 can I just get new virgin circuit boards for the key fobs and do the above process as I can't see any where in the pp2000 instructions that say it is needed for the reprogramming of the luck / unlock part of the circuit board. or goes it send a code to the ics on the lock / unlock part of the key during the programming of the transponder chips?

Peter
When you program the transponder if the key has a Virginia remote it sends a packet to the remote at the same time and then all you do is sync the remote in as the packet programmed it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts