Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2004 307 model ( automatic transmission ) , lately , i am driving regularly , and then all off a sudden there is a small " boom " and i can get a " hit " from one off the gears i guess sliding or slipping or something , and then in the dashboard i see it moves from D ( DRIVE ) , to - . BEFORE it does that , there is also a chime . like the car telling me something is wrong . I am assuming is some sort off transmission problem .
can anyone shed a light on exactly what it is , or maybe someone experienced that before and what is the solution for it ?

thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
When if ever was the gearoil last replaced? Sometimes a fresh batch of oil can work wonders in the same way that old oil in an auto can cause all manner of issues.

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Try the oil level/state.If its dark/dirty it could mean that the box clutches are worn but if it is try the oil replacement. Then if still a problem tweak the pressure a tad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apparently this problem is common on the ATL4 transmission in Peugeot's.
I had/have the same problem in a 2005 307.
It's often caused by the transmission overheating. If you live in a warm climate (which you do, and so do I) it can be quite common.
Service, fluid change etc can improve it, but it's ultimately an overheating problem and comes back. The transmission intercooler on the transmission is too small. I have been told it cannot be upgraded. I've also been told that you cannot change the transmission fluid for a higher viscosity one to compensate for the higher temperatures.
I'm about to post the solution to my problem... watch this space. It's a funny story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what exactly are those part numbers ( 38 , 33 , 41 ) ?

look at the order i have maid :

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

i have someone here where i live , that had the same issue on his CITROEN C4 ( essentially same gear and parts ) , and had the same issue . he ordered those parts . first , replaced the ELECTRO VALVE , then the gear oil , and solved his issue .

are u familiar with those electro valves ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts