Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was changing Wishbone earlier and pulled out driveshaft, lost the transmission fluid but captured most into a bucket.

I want to put it back in and only place I can find is a small plastic plug on the top of the gear box that you can remove and insert the oil from there. (This sits just underneath the battery tray)

Could this be the one?

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
402 Posts
No its not! the filler hole are located in the end of the gearbox. remove left hand wheel, remove the plastic wheel arch liner, there you will find the sheet metal end cover with a row of bolts to hold it in place, one is much larger than the rest, it's the filler plug.
With the car in level, fill until oil leaks from the hole.

Holt

·
Registered
106 Posts
That plastic plug

What is that plastic plug thing for? as thats where the garage stuck the oil in when my matres drive shaft popped.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
if its gearbox oil put it back in the correct hole

may be easier to buy some new fluid as the spout will fit in the hole perfect from the bottle

·
Registered
402 Posts
No its not! the filler hole are located in the end of the gearbox. remove left hand wheel, remove the plastic wheel arch liner, there you will find the sheet metal end cover with a row of bolts to hold it in place, one is much larger than the rest, it's the filler plug.
With the car in level, fill until oil leaks from the hole.

Holt
I might have been a bit too quick with that reply, my reply only covers the MA5 and BE4/5 gearboxes, the ML6CL gearbox apparantly have a breather that can be removed for oil filling. sorry for any inconvenient it may have caused.

Holt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts