Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I have a 406 1.8L with AL4 automatic gearbox (year 2003). The shift into 2nd gear is not normal (link attached). I had this same issue when I first bought the car several years ago (I changed the gearbox due to it slipping and dying altogether), and even with this new gearbox I still have it, so I am probably ruling out the possibility of a fault in the gearbox (not totally, since I may be that unlucky to get another gearbox with the very same problem). Note that the car still accelerates in the (???) phase, so I am not sure if that's a slipping issue. I changed the fluid and put an ATF LT-71141 compatible fluid (Eurol STF) and corrected the level as it's mentioned in the AL4 manual - the one from Citroen.
1) Could it be the control module? Mine is in the attached photo below.
2) Is it the right one?
3) After searching the web I found a variety of these TCMs but with different letters (C/A..) so what's the difference between them?
4) Is there a way to factory-reset the TCM?
All the wires are clean and the car was well taken care of - electrically.
Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
In that video, the (???) part is occurring because torque converter starts to lock up. Usually it only drops by just few hundreds rpm and it all happens smoothly. If you want to investigate further, maybe check the lock up solenoid or the torque converter itself.

Sorry for replying 11 months later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts