Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is this? I just bought a 307 (2006) with a flip blade but the blade does not stay in and is not rigid when its open. I was wondering about transfering the insides.

Also I was wondering how expensive is a replacement key as I only got one with the car.

What does it mean by you can do it yourself with planet?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
theres a spring inside which in yours must be broken , if you take it apart do it on a tabletop and do not lose any parts inside ,
doing a key with pp is to actually get a whole new key but you don`t need that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i can just replace the spring or do i need to buy a whole new case?

I was just considering whether to buy pp as I just paid £40 for a diagnostic, and I need a 2nd key.

I have actually bought the wrong model car, as I thought all 307 estates took extra 2 seats :( so am stuck with a 307 S, so will be shortly trading for a SW, so will be peugeot-ing for a good few years so pp may be worth investing in???:notsure:

(Also my daughter is buying a citroen so pp good for that?)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ordered a replacement case for now, so at least I'll have 1 good key.

Re: a second key, is pp all I need for a complete replacement? (and a key blank, obviously)

thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Be careful when ordering PP-2000 because most versions only run on a laptop running XP, you can get it to work on newer operating systems but is quite tricky as you need to build a virtual machine that runs within your current operating system.In short to be safe get a laptop running XP :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
absolute nightmare!!! Neither of us can get the spring tension right so giving up for tonight, will try again tomorrow hopefully with restored patience lol!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts