Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking in my handbook today at the fuse layout I noticed that several were reserved for a trailer fusebox. Is this something which would come with the Peugeot trailer wiring kit or is it something which is already there?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looking in my handbook today at the fuse layout I noticed that several were reserved for a trailer fusebox. Is this something which would come with the Peugeot trailer wiring kit or is it something which is already there?
Have a look at this link: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/Wiring_instructions/19160514RC.pdf. It is the instructions for installing the dedicated electrics for a 508 saloon and SW. You will note that F11 is the one that is shown in the instructions. The connectors on the dedicated loom hook into existing connectors on the car so if you have this setup you should not have any problems. The car does have to be re-coded to tell it that the loom with the sockets are there and that a trailer is on the tow bar. The indicators will work as normal unless there is a fault when they speed up their flash-rate and displays a message in the display in front of the driver.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to search around the car. Another item in the handbook I've just seen says if not using a Peugeot dealer to fit tow bar be sure to use the electrical pre-equipment installed at the rear of the vehicle. Just have to find where they hid it.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For reference in case anyone else is doing this, Maxi Fuse 2 under the engine fuse box has a dark grey wire from it. This ends in a single black female spade terminal clipped to the harness above the glove compartment fuse box. So if fitting trailer wiring you just need to connect the permanent supply to the bypass relay from this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Permenant live from Maxi 2 fuse to glove box fuses on 508

Hello everyone. I'm new on the forum so apologies upfront if I'm in error here.
I've a new to me 2012 508 SW GT with 12N towing electrics and I want to add the 12S supply. I've seen reference to a permanent live via a grey wire from the Maxi 2 fuse near the battery to a spade terminal above the glove box fuses. I've uncovered the fuses but cannot see or find a wire terminal. I've tried reaching up into the harness at the top where there's little free space.
Can anyone advise me so I can home in on the wire and connector?
Also if I can find it any guidance on routing the lead back into the boot would be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts