Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to getting my new 3008 , but just a question ,out and about in my 2014 Nissan Qash and without selecting any destination or anything from the sat nav , the voice comes over the radio " warning traffic works on M1 " , this is of course not the first time it has done this , but also when approaching a bad bend the sat nav gives a ding and a warning sign of a bad bend appears on the screen , my question is ...does the 3008 do all this ??

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looking forward to getting my new 3008 , but just a question ,out and about in my 2014 Nissan Qash and without selecting any destination or anything from the sat nav , the voice comes over the radio " warning traffic works on M1 " , this is of course not the first time it has done this , but also when approaching a bad bend the sat nav gives a ding and a warning sign of a bad bend appears on the screen , my question is ...does the 3008 do all this ??
My 2014 QQ does this too but unfortunately while crawling along in slow moving traffic it suddenly says "warning M6 roadworks etc" which at that point is far too late for you to do anything about it. Also the "ding and the bend sign on the map" happens only at certain places and not always when it's a bad bend. It happens to me on my way home from work every day at a particular place but there's only a slight curve in the road. It took me ages to fathom out why it kept dinging there as I hadn't got the map showing.

So can I just confirm that the 3008 will warn us of potential traffic holdups then?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not sure on the route planning. It definitely knows about slow/stopped traffic:

View attachment 55145
Nick, can I just ask a question about your photo please? (sorry to hijack your thread, lovemycar!).

Regarding the 2 mileage figures on the photo, which is the one that shows the total mileage the car has done? I thought it was the one on the right as on mine that was the higher figure whereas on yours the higher figure is the one on the left. I hope this makes sense btw!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nick, can I just ask a question about your photo please? (sorry to hijack your thread, lovemycar!).

Regarding the 2 mileage figures on the photo, which is the one that shows the total mileage the car has done? I thought it was the one on the right as on mine that was the higher figure whereas on yours the higher figure is the one on the left. I hope this makes sense btw!
Trip is on the right actual miles is on the left, as the picture trip shows half miles actual miles doesn't. You must have looked at it wrong Bassetlady. When new trip might not match actual, if trip resets when battery is disconnected.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well I thought that tbh Fontie until I remembered I'd taken a photo of it when I first saw my car before it was damaged. On the right it shows 4.7 miles and on the left it's 2 miles so I assumed that the actual mileage was 4.7 miles. I'm really confused as how can the trip be higher than the actual? See photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
The distance on left is from first registration. So maybe the car had done 2.7 miles before the dealer registered it.
No idea tbh Ducatiz. The car had only just been delivered and wasn't registered until the day I was supposed to pick it up, 5 days later. Obviously it's done a lot more now with it being driven to the body shop and back, an additional 40+miles so I will see what it says when I collect it. In the scheme of things it's not that important is it?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I suppose you could argue the car is no longer new because it now has miles on the clock even if only 40+ and of course the repaired damage. What your dealer should have done was put your car on a low loader and taken it for repair and back. See what they are willing to do discount wise. If you cancel your dealer can no longer sell as new, he could potentially lie to new perspective buyers and say it was used as a demo for a short while thus reducing his loses. I am not convinced your car will even be ready to collect on Wednesday, I hope it is, I'd be going into your dealer tomorrow to confirm this with a carving knife to cut off what was that French translation...yea, several of his 500 balls !

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No idea tbh Ducatiz. The car had only just been delivered and wasn't registered until the day I was supposed to pick it up, 5 days later. Obviously it's done a lot more now with it being driven to the body shop and back, an additional 40+miles so I will see what it says when I collect it. In the scheme of things it's not that important is it?
I would say. "Providing you are happy with the end result Gill, then take the vehicle and drive away without any uncertainties".

It is easy to think afterwards what if this, what if that.... All that does is leave you with a negative feeling.
If I may be bold:- turn this disastrous first encounter into a real positive and lovely feeling. :thumb:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would say. "Providing you are happy with the end result Gill, then take the vehicle and drive away without any uncertainties".

It is easy to think afterwards what if this, what if that.... All that does is leave you with a negative feeling.
If I may be bold:- turn this disastrous first encounter into a real positive and lovely feeling. :thumb:
Thank you Mike. As you can imagine, I've thought about this whole fiasco constantly, and I've decided that I'm going to check the damage and providing I'm happy with it, then I shall accept the car. I love the car and I've got to not let this spoil my enjoyment of what is undoubtedly a lovely car.

Fontie, I agree that the car should have been taken for repair on a low loader and I actually don't know that it hasn't yet but the way things have gone, I'm guessing that it won't have. How I react on Wednesday depends a lot on several things, what the repair is like, can I tell it's been done bearing in mind that I know exactly where the damage had occurred, how much mileage has been put on it and finally what are they prepared to do to make me feel that I want to buy a car from them in the future.

I've still got my feedback survey to complete and I dont think they can afford to have a bad report so hopefully come Wednesday, they will be back in my good books. I spoke to them on Friday and they assured me it will be ready for Wednesday. My salesman is off today and obviously it's Bank Holiday but he has promised me he will ring me tomorrow to confirm collection on Wednesday. I hope for his sake it is ready especially as it stood for a week before they even touched it!

Finally apologies to lovemycar for taking over his thread. I promise I won't do it again!

·
Registered
853 Posts
My 2014 QQ does this too but unfortunately while crawling along in slow moving traffic it suddenly says "warning M6 roadworks etc" which at that point is far too late for you to do anything about it. Also the "ding and the bend sign on the map" happens only at certain places and not always when it's a bad bend. It happens to me on my way home from work every day at a particular place but there's only a slight curve in the road. It took me ages to fathom out why it kept dinging there as I hadn't got the map showing.

So can I just confirm that the 3008 will warn us of potential traffic holdups then?
Mine's beeped and buzzed at me a couple of times out of the blue. No idea why until now. I don't recall reading anywhere about bend in the road warnings. As my live services are not yet working I didn't think I would get warnings of any kind.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If the car thinks you are going to hit something it will show on the screen in red "Brake" with a audible warning, I've had this a few times where I have pulled out close to another car the message on the screen only appears for a split second because the car see the danger has gone.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If the car thinks you are going to hit something it will show on the screen in red "Brake" with a audible warning, I've had this a few times where I have pulled out close to another car the message on the screen only appears for a split second because the car see the danger has gone.

I can't remember any visual warnings but if they're there only for a split second I probably missed them. I also think I was the only car on the road when it beeped at me, that's why I thought it must have been a bend in the road warning orcsome such thing.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I can't remember any visual warnings but if they're there only for a split second I probably missed them. I also think I was the only car on the road when it beeped at me, that's why I thought it must have been a bend in the road warning orcsome such thing.
There's definitely no bend warning, when out earlier I came off the M4 slip road to slough there was a sharp bend with no warning.

·
Registered
853 Posts
There's definitely no bend warning, when out earlier I came off the M4 slip road to slough there was a sharp bend with no warning.
The 3008 I had before this one also beeped at me for no apparent reason as well...I suppose when it starts screaming at me I'll take notice:):)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I`ve had this twice now but only saw the word "Brake" the second time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I`ve had this twice now but only saw the word "Brake" the second time.
I believe that you initially get an audible warning, then if you fail to respond you get a second audible warning plus a visual "brake" warning, then if you still fail to respond the car does an emergency stop.

I had this happpen to me in my Qashqai while I was overtaking a bus. The only vehicles on the road at the time was mine, the bus and the car following me. It's a very scary feeling when you are accelerating and the car suddenly stops dead without any reason.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I believe that you initially get an audible warning, then if you fail to respond you get a second audible warning plus a visual "brake" warning, then if you still fail to respond the car does an emergency stop.

I had this happpen to me in my Qashqai while I was overtaking a bus. The only vehicles on the road at the time was mine, the bus and the car following me. It's a very scary feeling when you are accelerating and the car suddenly stops dead without any reason.
I have only heard the one audible warning and seen "Brake" a couple of times when I've looked quick enough.

That's well dangerous your Qashqai breaking like that whilst braking, would make me scared in case it happened again

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.