Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just dropped my car at the dealers to try and sort out live services. Whilst speaking to the technician he told me he had been working on a 2008 with similar problems, the story of which I've outlined on the Live Services thread.

However the owner of the 2008 had also complained that she wasn't receiving traffic announcements on the radio system. This was looked into and while the technician was talking to France about the live services he was made aware by the french technician the Peugeot had only set up the radios to receive TA's from local stations only and not the national stations. Even worse was that Peugeot had no intention at the moment to change this.

It does fit in with my drive to Cornwall and back this week. The single TA i received on the entire journey was from BBC Radio Devon.

Anyone confirm this with their radios......

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be fair, you will get far more detailed local information from a local station than from any national one.
I appreciate that however if you're tuned into Radio 2 for instance most RDS radios interrupt with TA's from local stations without the need to be constantly re tuning to the local station when you pass from county to county on a long trip. This, apparently, will not happen using the new 3008 radio system.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my DS5 you can select the station you use for TMC or Select Automatic.

Is there not a similar screen on the 3008?
Yes there is a tick box for RDS and TA's....what I've been told is that the new radio system has only been configured to allow TA's to be broadcast if you're tuned to a local station. If you listen to Classic FM for example there will be no interruptions to broadcast TA's.

· Registered
226 Posts
Peugeot had only set up the radios to receive TA's from local stations only and not the national stations. Even worse was that Peugeot had no intention at the moment to change this.
I thought that Traffic Announcements were not transmitted from 'National Stations' and only from Local Stations as you only want Local Traffic info - might be wrong but that is what I understand at the moment.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that Traffic Announcements were not transmitted from 'National Stations' and only from Local Stations as you only want Local Traffic info - might be wrong but that is what I understand at the moment.
They are but if somewhere in the configuration of the software the system has not been told to allow interruptions from local stations they won't come through.

I'm only going by what the technician had been told by technicians in France and it appears, to my experience, to be right. I didn't receive a single TA about horrendous conditions on the M42 and M1 yesterday whilst listening to mainline radio.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Out here TomTom gets it's traffic information from feedback from other TomTom (or is it satnav) users and displays roadworks/traffic as a red bar with delay advice also.
It works brilliantly, so where does the U.K. traffic info come from that is up to date?.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Out here TomTom gets it's traffic information from feedback from other TomTom (or is it satnav) users and displays roadworks/traffic as a red bar with delay advice also.
It works brilliantly, so where does the U.K. traffic info come from that is up to date?.
The traffic info shown on the Tomtom system is the same as yours but in the UK we also get local radio stations broadcasting traffic conditions on their shows. These are like news bulletins that you listen to...they have nothing to do with Tomtom.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
The traffic info shown on the Tomtom system is the same as yours but in the UK we also get local radio stations broadcasting traffic conditions on their shows. These are like news bulletins that you listen to...they have nothing to do with Tomtom.
Thanks yorky, we get similar but in my experience (out here) they tend to be a bit behind on the actual situation.
I tend to stream my music or listen to classical music which doesn't lower itself to interruptions :lol:

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
......and can be really annoying as it interupts what you are listening to so I tend to leave mine switched off! :)
I kno what you mean but if it had been working for me on Thursday I could have saved nearly an hour because of a broken down vehicle blocking lanes on the M1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.