Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a funny one for you to answer I have found another minor but annoying problem with my beloved 407. When I come out of work I turn left onto the main road and shortly after about 100 yards reach a roundabout which I turn left at. Every time I turn left at this roundabout my traction control cuts in for a few seconds as I manouever round the left hand bend. It only happens once and other left hand turns are ok without any problem. Its funny how this occurs same road conditions dry or wet. Cuts in once then disappears about a minute or 2 after start up is it a sensor fault if so where is it located?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Whereas I wouldn't rule out a sensor fault, and it's worth checking, is the first bend particularly tight and the only bend in which you have experienced this? I ask because, as I understand it, the ECR measures the difference in speed of the wheels on the same axel - a very sharp bend at more than a crawl, could possibly set it off.

(That said, mine doesn't do it.)

C

·
0 Posts
The answers in the question - it only does it on one particular bend, otherwise all is well.

Occams Razor determines the answer for us. It's the bend, or a combination of surface, angle, camber and driving style on the bend in question. It would not appear, from the information available, that the car is broken.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Newspaperman said:
Heres a funny one for you to answer I have found another minor but annoying problem with my beloved 407. When I come out of work I turn left onto the main road and shortly after about 100 yards reach a roundabout which I turn left at. Every time I turn left at this roundabout my traction control cuts in for a few seconds as I manouever round the left hand bend. It only happens once and other left hand turns are ok without any problem. Its funny how this occurs same road conditions dry or wet. Cuts in once then disappears about a minute or 2 after start up is it a sensor fault if so where is it located?
try checking for a slightly sticking brake caliper after standing also engines tend to develop a little more torque on warm up due to extra fuel providing
a cold start

1 - 7 of 7 Posts