Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 hdi 90 has play on the inner track rod arms.
I have changed these on other cars in the past but with a quick inspection of the job earlier I noticed some sort of pipe into the bellows!?!
Can anyone tell me what this is please?... And if I need to know anything about it with regards to removal!?!
Also what size crows foot do I need to change the track rod?
Many thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
Or you can just use a pipe wrench. Access is tight so you'll need it on full steering lock. Hardest bit is getting the bellow back on, connecting the breather pipe and putting the bellow clamp back on securely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I don't actually own a Haynes manual, so I hope someone on here has done the same job and can share their info.
Thanks

·
5,665 Posts
I used jubilee clips to secure the bellows to rack instead of original clips and pipe wrench to remove/refit inner track rod.

I did use some thread lock on replacements to be 100% sure they were secured as no way to check torque with pipe wrench

·
Registered
548 Posts
3rd that - I was battling with a blow torch for ages trying to free off a seized track rod end.

An hour later thought sod it - out came pipe wrench and within 5 mins the inner was removed.

Its a much easier task than you first think. Jubillee clips as windy said are the way forward.

As for the little pipe - is a breather which equalises air pressure from one side of rack to the other - or at least thats my understanding.

Think if I ever have to do it again on mine or another 307 I would remove inner and outer as one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I don't need a guide thanks, I just wasn't sure on the breather pipe things.
Anyone remember what size the inner track rod is?
Thanks all,

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the ones i fitted dont actually have a size as theres no nut to tighten (stupid idea) this is where stilsons or something similar is needed to tighten up the circular bit lol use loctite just in case

i found it was longer to refit all the boots and breathers as i changed mine to jubilee clips

if you going to do that work. change both sides plus outers and get it tracked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts