Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a 207 HDi Sport with 81,000 miles. The oil seems to be from the crankcase breather, because the plastic duct from the air cleaner forwards to the turbo is connected halfway along to a breather and the oil starts there. The engine is not overfilled on the dip stick. Everything runs fine and smoothly.

My main concern is whether I've bought a lemon, as I only have 3 months of warranty and it's only an RAC 'Gold' level which I suspect won't be much help.

Any comments, please?

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's normal,blow by pushing oil through the breather system is normal in diesel's. Only need to worry about it if you are topping it up very regularly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

That's encouraging. I'm using proper C2 oil to PSA 2290 spec, so I guess I should be OK with the small amount being lost--no change in oil level for 1,000 miles since last change.

I think I upset the "anti pollution" warning on the dash by running it for a minute with the air cleaner pipe disconnected, so I could feel the amount of gas coming out of the breather. It recovered after a while, but I should be more careful not to upset it in future :)

Now I have to investigate the rear brakes. I tried an emergency stop and they felt a bit "meh". Offside rear caliper isn't biting as hard on the handbrake and the disc is worn unevenly so I guess the caliper is seized.

I wonder if the RAC warranty covers it? No, probably not! :). Has anyone here experience of RAC warranty claims?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wonder if the RAC warranty covers it? No, probably not! :). Has anyone here experience of RAC warranty claims?
If you bought the car from a dealer within the last 6 months then they should repair it irrespective of any warranty. You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act as the fault must have been there when you bought the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts