Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decision point... :nod: :nono: :eek:

Sensor gone down, do I fork out for a new sensor? or deactivate the system?

Pros... Cons.... Your experiences...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Depending on the year, if you deactivate TPMS the car will fail the MOT.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I had a 2005 407 that had issues with the crap metal valves snapping. I deactivated the pressure monitoring system and had rubber valves fitted.

My 2008 407 had TPMS with rubber valves, and all my subsequent newer Peugeots have had rubber valves. So maybe the lesson was learned.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

·
2,777 Posts
I also deactivated mine on my 407(corroded) but had to replace a valve stem on my 3008 due to a siezed chrome cap...fortunatly the tpms is attached to the valve with a screw and is easily replaced,the rubber valve stem was about £5 from a dealer..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if there is no warning light on if your car is fitted with TPMS from 2012 it must be in working order to pass.
Potential result - no MOT issue for me if I do remove/deactivate the TPMS my car will be excluded from this check (mine is 2004 -54 Reg):D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Potential result - no MOT issue for me if I do remove/deactivate the TPMS my car will be excluded from this check (mine is 2004 -54 Reg):D
Yes, you'll be fine deactivating TPMS on that year, no problems with MOT :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a spare sensor that is in one piece. Not sure if it works as the system was already deactivated when I got the car. I changed all to rubber valves as some had seized up. See pictures if its for your car. Make me a sensible offer.

Picture to prove it isn't all seized together too.

Tbh they can be handy as I had a nail in mine but the tyre didn't look that flat. The system would of told me a pressure loss. Nevermind. My eyes worked fine. Like the old days before sensors lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Fortunately the new 3008 uses Indirect TPMS which compares the rotational speed of each wheel, so no need for any sensors inside the tyres. A good move by Peugeot in my opinion.

chacun à son goût

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a spare sensor that is in one piece. Not sure if it works as the system was already deactivated when I got the car. I changed all to rubber valves as some had seized up. See pictures if its for your car. Make me a sensible offer.

Picture to prove it isn't all seized together too.

Tbh they can be handy as I had a nail in mine but the tyre didn't look that flat. The system would of told me a pressure loss. Nevermind. My eyes worked fine. Like the old days before sensors lol
That's great, PM sent, we can arrange something. :nod:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
arrived today all looks good, getting it fitted this week. Fingers crossed there's life left in it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts