Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I did the same. Worked out that the Aliexpress supplier gives the code in hex format on a sticker on the packet... the ECU stores it in hex format... however you input as decimal :rolleyes: Otherwise it doesn't store the correct hex codes. It also took numerous attempts at trying to save the correct decimal codes too. Do the stored codes match the TPMS codes? You do need a working ESP system for full function though.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You didn't answer one of my question though... are the stored codes on Diagbox the same codes supplied by the TPMS supplier? :)

It doesn't matter which TPMS code you attach to which wheel... the car determines which wheel the sensor is attached to by using the ESP system by the way.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That's great! My diagbox would not save hex codes. It would only save the codes as decimal after 5-8 times failing! Maybe it was just my diagbox but each time it would fail, it would go back to the old incorrect TPMS codes.

As yours has saved, I would say programming has been successful. Do you get an error on the dashboard saying the tyre pressures are incorrect? Or does it say "Pression OK"?

Start by clearing the faults in BSI and see if the absence of communication comes back. It might be because previous owner disconnected TPMS main ecu to get rid of warnings from it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Personally I would disable the TPMS system in diagbox and then enable it again using the new vehicle prep and accessories then deactivate/reactivate TPMS as SLC mentioned.

I think I have found the location of the TPMS ECU... it is most likely underneath the parcel shelf in the back... which means that it should be connected because removing parcel shelf is too difficult (I have tried!)

Check fuse in BSI module, it should be F10 or F31 on the additional fuse box above the BSI (depending on age of car)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Spare wheel doesn't come with TPMS sensor even if equipped. As mentioned before, the TPMS ECU is underneath the rear parcelshelf (which is not easy to check). But if you check your VIN code on Servicebox, it's pretty clear your car doesn't have TPMS.

You are not losing much though, the system does track pressure and temp accurately BUT you can not read pressure without Diagbox. The system will only warn you of puncture if the pressure is dangerously low... but you can feel that normally anyway!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes, technically. Android TPMS uses 433mhz... same as these. However programming the TPMS to the Android unit... I've found to be annoying and difficult (I have android headunit with TPMS!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts