Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Looking for info on towbar, I had a 55 plate 407 SW with towbar, sold car but took towbar off to fit onto new car 407, 59 plate SW, but looking under the car it looks different to older one, can anyone tell me if this towbar will fit this model or have Peugeot changed the anchor points? Also have loked at other threads regards the wiring, which was into the N/S rear ( Passenger ) side of older car but its totally different in the rear of this one, is there a plug that can just be connected or does it need to be wired into the loom, which Im not sure which side this is at in the new car, by far not an expert in this area but there were two small black boxes wired in to last model, these were onto the Gray connector side of things, I took note of where all the wires went thinking it would be no problem to connect to new car, by GOD how wrong was I, any help appreciated

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think i have all the parts required, well i think i have, took everything off the old car and it worked fine so hoping that it should do tis one but just need to find out if the actual towbar still fits this model and as to where or how it gets wired

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi guys been a while since I have posted here, but when you have a 407 with no problems you tend to keep quiet .
I'm looking at fitting a towbar Dispositif d'attelage BOSAL 037-241 PEUGEOT 407 (6D_) 2.0 HDi 135 136cv - Pièces & Pneus (sorry I live in France),
and I have found these 2 wiring loom kits in the small ads here http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/768089437.htm?ca=5_s / http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/754964796.htm?ca=5_s .
So what I want to know is if these will work with the preinstalled wiring harness in the booth? (I have rear senors + lighting system check)

Thanks for any help.
Sorry again that the links are in french.

CMELB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts